Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M1 southbound now slow from Balbriggan.

Options
  • 06-10-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Ok takes an 50-60mins to get to work in the morning and then September hits and schools begin and it take 90 mins to get to work.

Ok things would slow right down the Swords exit, and then speed up after it.

Now its slowing down at the Balbriggan exit.

It wasnt this bad before the summer holidays, and one would think that there isnt as many builders travelling up the road now.

Anyone got any ideas.

And for people who drive their kids to school, make them walk or get the bus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Spot the person with no kids..:pac:

Why not walk or get the bus to work too? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

kluivert wrote: »
    Ok takes an 50-60mins to get to work in the morning and then September hits and schools begin and it take 90 mins to get to work.

Ok things would slow right down the Swords exit, and then speed up after it.

Now its slowing down at the Balbriggan exit.

It wasnt this bad before the summer holidays, and one would think that there isnt as many builders travelling up the road now.

Anyone got any ideas.

And for people who drive their kids to school, make them walk or get the bus.

What time do you hit Balbriggan? I'm usually there around 07.05 am and it's clear all the way to Drynam (slows a bit at Swords/Donabate exit but picks up again).

It was really heavy around the Airport at 07.20 this morning, for no reason at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

bazz26 wrote: »

Monaghan!!!!! Takes 90 mins to get to work, the clue was in the question! ;):D

R.O.R wrote: »
    What time do you hit Balbriggan? I'm usually there around 07.05 am and it's clear all the way to Drynam (slows a bit at Swords/Donabate exit but picks up again).

It was really heavy around the Airport at 07.20 this morning, for no reason at all.

Around 8.15am.

Leave the house at 7.40am, normally be in Coolock for 8.40am, during the summer, now its 9.10am before reach work.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Just looked at maps.google. It says its 123km's from Monaghan to Coolock. Your doing well if you can do it in an hour. You traveling from Carrickmacross?? It takes me 30 minutes to get into Coolock from Drogheda (Southside of town)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭Heroditas

bazz26 wrote: »

Why not send the kids to a nearer school? :pac:

Sorry, I shouldn't .... but if I don't, someone else will post it anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

back in my day ...barefoot ...10 miles ...rain or shine ...lump of turf and an apple for the teacher ...and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Heroditas wrote: »
    Why not send the kids to a nearer school? :pac:

Sorry, I shouldn't .... but if I don't, someone else will post it anyway! :D

My child does and the school is still over 10 miles away, no luxury of picking and choosing schools these days I'm afraid. The joys of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The M1 southbound has seemingly gotten worse alright, noticed it there last week wile driving Northbound (thankfully) the Southbound traffic was backed up for miles and miles.

All the building of Dublin commuter housing estates taking its toll me thinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I just presumed it was all the works going on, on R132 - people who drive on that road are getting onto the M1 instead and creating a massive backlog..

• Advertisement

Yeah from Carrickmacross HEY!!!

Didnt realise that there was works on the R132

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I just presumed it was all the works going on, on R132 - people who drive on that road are getting onto the M1 instead and creating a massive backlog..

I got caught in those roadworks on R132, its between Balbriggan and Skerries turning on R132 (near junction for 'Man O War' pub).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

peasant wrote: »
    back in my day ...barefoot ...10 miles ...rain or shine ...lump of turf and an apple for the teacher ...and all that :D

When I were a lad we didnt even know what a car was, let alone get one to school. First one we say we thought was a god from another world : the-beast-with-4-wheels-but-the-head-of-a-man-inside-his-shell we called it.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Id agree with the OP, M1 southbound is noticeably heavier that even before the schools went off for summer.

In May 08 I'd leave Bettystown at 0725 and hit the M50 for about 0800, then when the schools went off I could leave 10/15mins later. Now if I leave after 0705 I'm lucky to be there for shortly after 0800.

M1 from the Lusk/Portrane jct to the airport or M50 should be 3 lanes, the traffic entering from the R132 just jams the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭omega man

Remembered this thread from a few weeks back and after this am had to comment. It took me 50 minutes to get from Balrothery to the airport this morning (normally 15-30) :mad: M1 was backed up to 2nd Balbriggan exit (southbound) far worse that usual. Was there an accident? The last month or so my journey time has doubled on this route, is it purely down to schools??

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

omega man wrote: »
    Remembered this thread from a few weeks back and after this am had to comment. It took me 50 minutes to get from Balrothery to the airport this morning (normally 15-30) :mad: M1 was backed up to 2nd Balbriggan exit (southbound) far worse that usual. Was there an accident? The last month or so my journey time has doubled on this route, is it purely down to schools??

I believe it the delays were the result of overnight works on the M50 at the N2 exit. They've been messing with the road layout recently (split the traffic flows in two) and this seems to be slowing things down.

Advertisement