Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfers rescued off Wicklow coast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Not familiar with the area but thankfully they got them all back in to land.

Someone need to re-check their maths though -
    All four have been brought back to shore - two of them have been transferred to hospital, one of them is suffering from severe hypothermia.

The other two are uninjured.

Two + one + two = four ?

Ah wait I get it, it should read -
    All four have been brought back to shore - two of them have been transferred to hospital, one of whom is suffering from severe hypothermia.

The other two are uninjured.

Damn monday retardation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bazarazu

Yeah they've missed the 4th person out!
    I heard this on the news yesterday evening, one of them managed to swim to shore and raise the alarm while the other 3 were still stranded.

Thankfully they all survived, it serves as a warning to us all to have respect for the water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

from experience i know its not wise to surf maghermore on strong northerlies....

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

fair play to the lad that managed to swim back to shore...dangerous move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

fair play to the lad that managed to swim back to shore...dangerous move.

Very dangerous move, where did you read that ?

Seen a friend of mine try that when we got blown out and he paniced, ended up knackering himself out within no time, I thought I was going to have to paddle back and try haul him in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gavDUB

To think it could have been me, i was thinking about heading out yesterday but my gfriend wasnt feeling too well so stayed in :rolleyes:

Fair play to the lad that swam back in brave man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

I've seen a couple of lads a few years ago head on by the rocks on the south end of Magheramore and get whipped right out along the coast - wouldn't have believed it possible if i hadn't seen it myself. Poor fellas were on a first day out (and i'd say their last after that). They ended up on the rocks, physically unscathed, but BIC boards all bust up and in tears from the shock of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

People will never learn..tough lesson to learn but thankfully all safe. Been mentioned in other threads about the right conditions needed there.

All obviously novices, as a look from the hill there you can see the waves are pushing in on the rocks.

If not experienced - AVOID MM ON NORTHERLY'S IF ANYONE ON THIS SITE HEADS DOWN THERE & DONT ABANDON YOUR BOARD (keep leash attached if yout oankle if gonna try swim)

Advertisement