Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to buy a PS3

Options
  • 06-10-2008 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Anyone have an idea where's best in Galway to get a PS3?

I am leaning towards GAME at the minute, but I haven't checked Smyths or any of the toy shops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ebay. Bought mine there and it was €80 cheaper than Smyths and i got an extra controller, 3 games and a HDMI cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

a friend of mine is selling it for €300. includes 3/5 games and is only a few months old

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Don't buy one until the end of the month...they are releasing a 120 gig version with 2 games on the 24th Oct I think ..and the best deals seem to be in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Had a look in eBay not interested, the talk of a bigger hard drive interests me, though given that the PS3 is only a couple screws away from having its hard drive changed (that's what prompted the PS3 over the XBox) its not that big a consideration.

I priced HMV against Game on Sunday and there was no difference, other than the guys in Game knew about what they were selling. Unless there was fine print I didn't read?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Not sure if it's still going but Xtra vision have a deal where you get the 80GB version +one game of any choice for 410 euro. Not sure about the controllers and HDMI cable maybe someone could clarify?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I've just seen in HMV the 80gig PS3 plus Fifa 09 for 399...Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I've just seen in HMV the 80gig PS3 plus Fifa 09 for 399...Great deal.

Except you are stuck with FIFA 09 then :)
    Sounds like a good deal alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Ebay really is the cheapest place to buy it, I got mine plus 5 games and an extra controller for 450 yoyos including shipping.

Advertisement