Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

850W PSU for 2 x 4870x2?

Options
  • 06-10-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Would the Antec 850W psu good enough to run 2 x 4870x2's along with a Phenom 9950 and 4x1066 RAM?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Hmm hard to say, it will run for sure with Idle :)
    Then load crysis and if it resets to boot up then you know it failed. lol

Just doing some Google on this my self. People are saying from 420Watt each up to 500watt "think this my self is a bit off"

Did see a diagram chart showing how much all the GPU brun when under full load and the 4870x2 used around 440watt so that is 880watt for 2 x 4870x2.

To sum it up i think you should have a 1,200watt PSU if you wanted to run 2 of these cards, & to make sure you have enough power to power the rest of your machine and not to have the PSU running at full load.

Also if you are thinking about buying these cards, then you must not be worried about what your ESB bill will be. Sounds like you have lots of money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

Thanks, i was thinking that 850W was a little short on power for these cards :( sadly once built it wont be my machine, have been this task by a mate. Do you know if it is possable to buy a mini substation to power these new PC's :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Funkiwi75 wrote: »
    Thanks, i was thinking that 850W was a little short on power for these cards :( sadly once built it wont be my machine, have been this task by a mate. Do you know if it is possable to buy a mini substation to power these new PC's :P

http://telefunker.wordpress.com/2006/10/02/richborough-power-station-uk/

I hear the lease is coming back up on this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

Do you think they would throw in an extra long extention cord for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

1300 watt ATX power supply Tagan TurboJet TG1300-U06 or Tagan ITZ 1300 Watt Power Supply will do it.
    You need 500watt minimum which is stated on the box.1300watt will cover 2 of em.

• Advertisement
Advertisement