Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Sony Ericsson v630i wont come on

• 06-10-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, My Sony Ericsson v630i wont come on. It's fully charged but when I turn it on the LED beside the power button flash's a few times but nothing happens.
    Has anyone got the same problem? HELP!

++ mod edit - just making the thread title a little clear so you'll hopefully get more help .. random

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Have you attempted to update it lately? My k610i (essentially the same phone) was acting up and turning itself off so I tried updating it. Unfortunately it already had the latest so that didn't solve it, but after my phone turned off then it is in the exact same state as yours. I've read that it could be a firmware problem that may have occured because of something going wrong with the update.

Of course there's always liquid damage, which I have a feeling 3 will say to me as they did last time.

The fact that I have that problem means that I cannot help, as I need help too!
    Though I think all you can do is send it in for repair.

Let me know how you get on please! (I'm still looking for the receipt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

(I'm still looking for the receipt)

You don't need it, 3 know when your phone was first registered or repaired, call 333 and book it in through them, there repair company are very good....

Bignose give Vodafone a shout and get it repaired...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

You don't need it, 3 know when your phone was first registered or repaired, call 333 and book it in through them, there repair company are very good....

I'm just wondering how this works, my phone won't switch on and I'm using a previous 3 sim than the one that came with the phone. Would they still be able to tell?

I was going to bring it in to the 3store where I bought it, and with my previous phone they needed to photocopy a credit card statement showing when it was bought. This time it was bought with cash.

My experience with 3 customer care on the phone and in stores hasn't been good so even if they should be able to tell without a receipt I'm not sure they'll do anything without one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm just wondering how this works, my phone won't switch on and I'm using a previous 3 sim than the one that came with the phone. Would they still be able to tell?

I was going to bring it in to the 3store where I bought it, and with my previous phone they needed to photocopy a credit card statement showing when it was bought. This time it was bought with cash.

My experience with 3 customer care on the phone and in stores hasn't been good so even if they should be able to tell without a receipt I'm not sure they'll do anything without one.

credit card statement seem seems a bit OTT, was that in a 3 store?

If you bought the phone and it's registered to you, it won't make any difference just call them, they will want to know your phone number (the one that came with the phone, you could also tell them you changed numbers and could they update the IMEI to your new sim, that shouldn't be a problem if the new sim is also in you name or unregistered)..

3 Know when the phone was first activated and how old it is...there shouldn't be a problem in getting it repaired if it's under 12mts old...

call them and see how you get on.... 083 333 3333 or 333 from a 3 phone

Advertisement