Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2009 General Excitement Thread

Options
  • 06-10-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

Cannot wait. I am looking at every pic and game clip on the net and I am so so excited at this new game. Downloaded the demo and it is fantastic. It really looks authentic and certainly plays the part.
    Anyone know what the various game shops will sell the game for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

While the demo display the improved gameplay and framerate strenght, its the online mode that will be the kicker for me.

Right now, I am leaning towards 09, I just need to see the online mode is impeccible before I buy...

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Played a good bit of the demo over the weekend, and getting to really like it.
    A few of the lads I know who are die hard FIFA fans, are actually going to buy it as well as FIFA this year.

Gameplay is well suited for 1v1. No more full pitch through balls and 6-5 scorelines. Its slowed down just enough to stop that.

But as the last poster mentioned, the online will need to be perfect to cement the decision to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Liking the PC version.
    Hated PES2008, and I know it's going to take a lot to pull me away from PES06, but I think this just might be it.
    Shot and volley power just doesn't feel as strong / fast though as I'd like.
    Some of the movement is very clunky and a bit too robotic.
    That said, I can't wait for a full patched PES09.
    As much as gameplay is important, it is nice to have tasty graphics (especially as I have a powerful machine to use them!).

I don't care for online play at all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Loving it, not a revolution at all in the series but with the edit mode back and the demo becoming addictive I cannot wait...I hope i can get it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Can this thread be renamed? Fanboys 'r us

I wish i was capable of being excited by this sort of drivel but alas i demand value for my hard earned money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

m83 wrote: »
    Can this thread be renamed? Fanboys 'r us

I wish i was capable of being excited by this sort of drivel but alas i demand value for my hard earned money.

why rename the thread - it is quite clear from the title it is for people who are excited about the forthcoming release. If you are not excited about it, no one cares and your patronising comments are not needed or wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

If you dislike PES so much why do you repeatly come back to this forum?? Bit of an argumentative side to you???

Anyways back to a slighter more important matter...PES. I for one cannot wait for the full release of the game. 5 minute matches just are not long enough. Think a half hour match is in order once the game is released!!

s_carnage wrote: »
    If you dislike PES so much why do you repeatly come back to this forum?? Bit of an argumentative side to you???

Anyways back to a slighter more important matter...PES. I for one cannot wait for the full release of the game. 5 minute matches just are not long enough. Think a half hour match is in order once the game is released!!

I'm here til we get a fifa forum, deal with it.

I've been pro evo all my life but i'm just sick of it this year. It's time people stood up and told konami to pull the finger out and deliver the game they've been promising for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm here til we get a fifa forum, deal with it.

I've been pro evo all my life but i'm just sick of it this year. It's time people stood up and told konami to pull the finger out and deliver the game they've been promising for years.

I guess I'll go into the Spurs Supporters forum and start chatting about the latest United game. Or perhaps I'll go into the Lost forum and chats about Fringe. Maybe after that I will go into the Metal Gear Solid forum and start a few discussions on Splinter Cell. Hmmm, lets all start discussions and argue the toss in the wrong forums. GREAT IDEA.

If you are sick of Pro, fine, no freakin need to be patronising in a thread that CLEARLY isn't suited to you. If there is no fifa forum, either use the GAMES forum (here, i'll even help you: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12) or go request a FIFA forum, cause until this forum is renamed (Soccer games, or PES and FIFA) this is NOT a suitable place for myopic FIFA discussion, or a place to get up on your high horse cause, shock horror, the majority of users are Pro fans, fans of a game that actively encourages attacking football.

The fifa forum has been requested time and time again but mods just will not grant it. And this forum has been suggested to use in the interim. I have a funny feeling a fifa forum will be created in the near future as a by product of the quality of the game.

• Advertisement

Played a couple of more games last night on my laptop.

Having second doubts now.
    Some of the movement really is awful. It's just not flowing correctly.
    Many cases of the player shooting on his wrong foot when the other way by far the easier option also.
    There's no denying PES09 is better than PES08, but I still don't think it can beat PES06!
    There's just nothing to really grab me away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Just heard they havnt updated the squads fully in the final game either which sucks donkey balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

whiskeyman wrote: »
    There's no denying PES09 is better than PES08, but I still don't think it can beat PES06!

Stop calling it PES06! It was released in 2007 and was called Pro Evo 6.
    evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Just heard they havnt updated the squads fully in the final game either which sucks donkey balls.

Thats terribly lazy. Surely they should wait until the end of the transfer season before finalizing...no Riera for Liverpool anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Everyone say a prayer the onlines' good ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I've been pro evo all my life

All your life and still crap at it?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055385829

and your point is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Played a couple of games of the PC demo there. Gotta say, somewhat disappointed - I can't see how it's all that different from 2008. Some first impressions:

GOOD:
    - Gfx improved somewhat, particulalry close ups of players
    - Opposition is more defensively aware and harder to beat

BAD:
    - Player movements on the ball still fairly linear and clunky
    - Crowd chants are laughably bad and annoying
    - Shooting seems a bit hit-and-hope, there's no impression of consistency or control on shots

Not a bad game but no radical improvement in the franchise over the last two years for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Seriously I was very in between when I first played the demo, but now that I heard the edit mode is actually going to be properly good and I will be able to create League of Ireland perfectly.

Its a lot of fun. Ok it might not be as close to the real thing as Fifa but I want to be able to run with the ball and notice massive difference when playing with someone like Messi(its a joy playing with him)

I was a bit unimpressed with lack of midfield action at the start but now I'm getting on the ball more with Iniesta and the likes.

Really enjoying the demo, and if someone can point to me how to get this game early I would be delighted. PM if ye want..:D

Ardent wrote: »
    Played a couple of games of the PC demo there. Gotta say, somewhat disappointed - I can't see how it's all that different from 2008. Some first impressions:

GOOD:
    - Gfx improved somewhat, particulalry close ups of players
    - Opposition is more defensively aware and harder to beat

BAD:
    - Player movements on the ball still fairly linear and clunky
    - Crowd chants are laughably bad and annoying
    - Shooting seems a bit hit-and-hope, there's no impression of consistency or control on shots

Not a bad game but no radical improvement in the franchise over the last two years for me.

Exactly how I feel.
    To me, the 'Good' point of improved gfx just isn't enough of a draw though.
    I hope the final release has something different to the feel of it - I think this was the same with PES05? the demo was so weird, but the final release much better.
    I think I feel more and more disappointed after a huge promise this year it would deliver. Just seems like PES2008 slightly polished up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Played a couple of more games last night on my laptop.

Having second doubts now.
    Some of the movement really is awful. It's just not flowing correctly.
    Many cases of the player shooting on his wrong foot when the other way by far the easier option also.
    There's just nothing to really grab me away from it.

PES 2008 on the PS2 was the greatest PES on the PS2. You should try it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Really enjoying the demo, and if someone can point to me how to get this game early I would be delighted. PM if ye want..:D

+1 :)

hey,

Never knew you could just select one play (or more) and play with them throughout a match.
    Tried it and loved it!!!
    Was able to make brilliant runs and call for the ball and set up super goals.

Really got me into liking the demo a heck of a lot more.

Anyone ever play PES like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

hey,

Never knew you could just select one play (or more) and play with them throughout a match.
    Tried it and loved it!!!
    Was able to make brilliant runs and call for the ball and set up super goals.

Really got me into liking the demo a heck of a lot more.

Anyone ever play PES like this?

You can do this in the demo?

Otacon wrote: »
    You can do this in the demo?

yup!
    http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49682&highlight=legend
    info there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Have been comparing it to the fifa demo. And I'm not too sure. Pro Evo may prob still be better for 2 player but think fifa would be more fun in single player.

Pro evo is lacking decent off the ball movement and does seem very clunky. But theres pluses and minuses for both, think may need to buy both or rent both first anyhow....

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Does anyone know of any PES2009 bundle for 360 with the new controller? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 joeygl

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Have been comparing it to the fifa demo. And I'm not too sure. Pro Evo may prob still be better for 2 player but think fifa would be more fun in single player.

Pro evo is lacking decent off the ball movement and does seem very clunky. But theres pluses and minuses for both, think may need to buy both or rent both first anyhow....

I think Seabass and Co have worked hard this year... like i played the FIFA 09 Demo 1st and i have to admit, it looked quality on the oul screen but sure looks aren't everything... When i played PES 09 DEMO i loved it....
    I put it in perspective... "Would you rather a beaten up classic car that it 330BHP or a lame new Toyota Yaris..." Classic i think..
    Let's toast to PES 2009 and to a sucessful PES 2010!! 2010 even sounds weird haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

joeygl wrote: »
    I think Seabass and Co have worked hard this year... like i played the FIFA 09 Demo 1st and i have to admit, it looked quality on the oul screen but sure looks aren't everything... When i played PES 09 DEMO i loved it....
    I put it in perspective... "Would you rather a beaten up classic car that it 330BHP or a lame new Toyota Yaris..." Classic i think..
    Let's toast to PES 2009 and to a sucessful PES 2010!! 2010 even sounds weird haha!

There just seems to be an element of realism lacking in Pro evo 09 demo. I'm sure it will prob be a better 1v1 game but to me the single player aspect of Fifa 09 and its realism appeals to me.

Problem is I love playing Pro evo with my friends, but it bores me in single player. The Computer AI in Fifa just seems more realistic to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

ive been playing fifa the last 2 days with mate

i oficially hate it, it is absolute PANTS, the game play is so slow even adjusting the game speed, the players movements feel realistic but they just never seem to release the ball

When running at a ball players have this tendency to do a crab walk walking side to side, its so frustrating and it seems to happen a lot when you REALLY need to defender or look dead cert in behind the defense on an attack and running onto a ball

For game modes its streets ahead of pro evo, lounge mode is actually quite fun where you can use power ups like opposing team has 2 players sent off to start or 1 or 3 goal head start etc etc, i think this is in line with previous years of fifa .vs. pes that fifa has always had way more modes

Having played the PES demo and Fifa full game, i feel the DEMO is streets ahead of fifa myself and cant wait to see the full game

www.pesunites.com has videos, the champions league mode seems very authentic, and very well done, once a update file comes out it will be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I'm not excited anymore, in fact i'm quite angry and disappointed and... angry.

Our house got burgled yesterday, the one thing gone in my room, even though there were 2 cameras an ipod, a gps system...the ONE thing, my PS3!! so pissed off, no pro evo for me this Friday :(

Advertisement