Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2009 General Excitement Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Played a few online games on 360. its definitely not perfect but it is playable. I have played quite a few online fifa games too and fifa so far is much more smooth. there is a lot of screen tearing in online play and there is lag but as I said it isnt bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Played a few online games on 360. its definitely not perfect but it is playable. I have played quite a few online fifa games too and fifa so far is much more smooth. there is a lot of screen tearing in online play and there is lag but as I said it isnt bad.

What would be worrying is that you played it when very few people (supposedly) have it, and you still found it a bit wanting.

The performance over the weekend will tell a lot once everyone with a copy and an online connection are clogging up the servers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I didn't like the demo on the 360 or PS3 but dammit if I ain't gonna buy it anyway !
    Caught up in the hype once again. Hopefully its better than the demo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mccreesj

So is it as bad as I'm hearing it is? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i cant believe i put the disk in and there's a 24mb update for it on PS3 ALREADY!

thats disgraceful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

i cant believe i put the disk in and there's a 24mb update for it on PS3 ALREADY!

thats disgraceful

I popped the disk in and played away!? Did you have to update it? Maybe its the transfers update people have been speaking about. Shocking though that they have not bothered to edit up to transfer deadline.

Just played two full games there on level 5. One exhibition and then started a champions league. I only played a bit of 2008 but this definately seems an improvement. However I'm certainly not blown away. I'm gonna have to get a good few hours in until I give a half decent account of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

mccreesj wrote: »
    So is it as bad as I'm hearing it is? :confused:

Lads, this game is an apalling mess.. it's even worse than last years shambles if thats possible.. and that lyin mo fo seabass, rebuilt from the ground up or some other shyza i read somewhere, it's very very similar and its taken the flaws from last years game and made them worse.

Just finished a farcical (cant spell it!) online session there. Began with four of us, lag not as bad as last year but then how could it be! But still ridiculous stuff happening like players doing a paul daniels.. Then we all get bumped off after five mins, happened to me in my first solo game too.

Then played a mate one v one, which was milan v barca, or should i say kaka v messi. What a joke, its even easier to beat people than last year which was piss easy and now it's gone to biblical proportions, the game came down who scored more goals, kaka or messi. How exactly do you tackle?! Particularly online with the crappy lag again.

Then if things couldnt get any worse just finished off with a 7 red card five goal fiasco, sorry i should say 3 goal, cos when he had his fifth player sent off for fooken god only knows the game was abandoned and i was awarded a 3 nil win, fifa rules i know. But lads how any of you, can honestly say that this tripe is anything other than a disgrace is beyond me, they have somehow managed to make a game worse than last year, which is some achievement. I have been playing the series since iss megadrive days and this is poorest version since it began, 3 shiza attempts in a row, despite how many fan boys insist last years was good.

Fifa isnt as good as last years or even as Euro 08 but its a fooking million light years ahead of this garbage. As for people sayin its more fun that fifa, well i dont find 5,6 7, 8, 9, 10 goal sham games, where you run the length of the pitch fun, isnt that why all the kiddies used to like fifa?!

So so much wrong with the game and not a whole lot right with it. Didnt spend much time on one player and not going to either, found it very boring in the last couple of years. Anyway the test always was playing it against mates, even if it is online, game over as far as im concerned, the very last time i will waste my money on this crap.:mad:

Im sure many people will still enjoy it, but really how they do is beyond me.

Ok. You guys are messing with my head. Really now not sure what to do. Maybe rent I guess. Think I'll buy Saints Row 2 for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

How Konami have to cheek to say this game has been reworked from the ground up is BEYOND ME!!!
    New models? It looks the same, if not worse than 08.
    What really bugs me, and you only notice it after playing fifa, is the hexidimensional movement(up,down,side or diagonal) no in between....its pretty piss poor compared to fifas move anyway approach!

Pains me to say it as ive always been a PES fan since ISS, but..ahh...siiiiigggh...Fifa def wins out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Lads, this game is an apalling mess.. it's even worse than last years shambles if thats possible.. and that lyin mo fo seabass, rebuilt from the ground up or some other shyza i read somewhere, it's very very similar and its taken the flaws from last years game and made them worse.

Just finished a farcical (cant spell it!) online session there. Began with four of us, lag not as bad as last year but then how could it be! But still ridiculous stuff happening like players doing a paul daniels.. Then we all get bumped off after five mins, happened to me in my first solo game too.

Then played a mate one v one, which was milan v barca, or should i say kaka v messi. What a joke, its even easier to beat people than last year which was piss easy and now it's gone to biblical proportions, the game came down who scored more goals, kaka or messi. How exactly do you tackle?! Particularly online with the crappy lag again.

Then if things couldnt get any worse just finished off with a 7 red card five goal fiasco, sorry i should say 3 goal, cos when he had his fifth player sent off for fooken god only knows the game was abandoned and i was awarded a 3 nil win, fifa rules i know. But lads how any of you, can honestly say that this tripe is anything other than a disgrace is beyond me, they have somehow managed to make a game worse than last year, which is some achievement. I have been playing the series since iss megadrive days and this is poorest version since it began, 3 shiza attempts in a row, despite how many fan boys insist last years was good.

Fifa isnt as good as last years or even as Euro 08 but its a fooking million light years ahead of this garbage. As for people sayin its more fun that fifa, well i dont find 5,6 7, 8, 9, 10 goal sham games, where you run the length of the pitch fun, isnt that why all the kiddies used to like fifa?!

So so much wrong with the game and not a whole lot right with it. Didnt spend much time on one player and not going to either, found it very boring in the last couple of years. Anyway the test always was playing it against mates, even if it is online, game over as far as im concerned, the very last time i will waste my money on this crap.:mad:

oh no, not again. fifa wins again even though pes6 on the ps2 is a better game than fifa 09.

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    oh no, not again. fifa wins again even though pes6 on the ps2 is a better game than fifa 09.

Yeah so whats your point?! This is PES09 were talkin about here!!! Pes 06 was class, but only on the ps2, and prob is better than fifa 09, but not 08 or euro 08 in my opinion, like i said i before i couldnt care who makes it or what its called but this is an insult to people who have been buying their games for over 10 years, the bare faced lies that they have spouted to get people to stick with them.

FACT... THEY STATED THE GAME WAS REWORKED FROM GROUND UP

While i cant say for definite that this is the case i would say there is more than a strong argument that this is nothing more than pr bull sh it. The game is a disaste, fuming that i even bothered to get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

easy, just kinda pointing out its a pity that the best soccer game this year is fifa 09 when pes6 on ps2 from years back still betters everything out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Bunch of moans the lot of you

the game is good, feels very realistic, if you dont press certain buttons at the right time you have a bad touch or shoot wildly, its much better than last year

graphics are nicer and cleaner than last year, gameplay mid flow is great and games are much tighter and the keepers seem great

24 mb up done

no transfer updates
    berba at spurs, saha and dong at utd, robinho at real
    silly silly silly silly silly

there better be an update soon or an option file

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Whats the online like for the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

HBK wrote: »
    How Konami have to cheek to say this game has been reworked from the ground up is BEYOND ME!!!
    New models? It looks the same, if not worse than 08.
    What really bugs me, and you only notice it after playing fifa, is the hexidimensional movement(up,down,side or diagonal) no in between....its pretty piss poor compared to fifas move anyway approach!

Pains me to say it as ive always been a PES fan since ISS, but..ahh...siiiiigggh...Fifa def wins out!

NO NO NO!

Fifa has eight way movement the exact same as Pro, they just disguise it better with animations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Bunch of moans the lot of you

the game is good, feels very realistic, if you dont press certain buttons at the right time you have a bad touch or shoot wildly, its much better than last year

graphics are nicer and cleaner than last year, gameplay mid flow is great and games are much tighter and the keepers seem great

24 mb up done

no transfer updates
    berba at spurs, saha and dong at utd, robinho at real
    silly silly silly silly silly

there better be an update soon or an option file

there will be a ps3 and pc option file within a week. Konami will have an official update in about 2-3 weeks which will correct transfers and also add a few more licenced teams. relax and play the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

givyjoe81 wrote: »

I really, really, REALLY hope your wrong about this, but there's this part of me that know's your probably spot on, and why is that? Because Seabass and the rest of the muppets in Konami are exactly that, MUPPETS!!!

I'm afraid to waste even €5 renting this now, SH1T!!

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    easy, just kinda pointing out its a pity that the best soccer game this year is fifa 09 when pes6 on ps2 from years back still betters everything out there.

Cant remember the name of the chap who said were moans, but your having a fookin laugh arent you?! The game is sh it e and iv paid good money two years in a row for just that.. sh it e! i think iv got a right to complain!

As for 8 directional whatever, even if fifa has the same the point is it doesnt look like it does it?! Controls feel kind of klunky or some other word i cant put my finger on. Anyway it's hard to put it succinctly just what is wrong with or why they cant make a decent game, honestly id be be happy if they copied the code from pes 6 and just stuck in the udpated teams etc, cos this tripe they've flogged us just sickening.

For the chap asking about online, well our exp so far is that it's still pretty much a mess, not nearly as bad as last year but totally unacceptable, i mean pes 6 on 360 had little or no probs, in fact none when i played, still to this day.

Oh and more thing, REALISTIC?! Thats the icing on the cake, it really is. How on earth can you say that being able to run the pitch with shi te hawk players never mind the untouchable kaka or messi is realistic?!

Sorry to go on but it really is so dissapointing.[/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sorry you are wrong, pes 2009 is a massive improvement on 2008 and is a better game of footy than fifa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Tauren wrote: »
    NO NO NO!

Fifa has eight way movement the exact same as Pro, they just disguise it better with animations.

Well I guess they should of disguised it better then shouldnt they! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Ok
    Played for a few hours last night and at the start I was very wary. Its play much differently than last years and is a good bit slower (which is a good thing cos last years was too fast).
    After a few games I started to get the feel and enjoying it quite a bit.Havent been beaten yet so will have to change the difficulty level (currently regular).

Havent played online yet so I can't comment on that but in all fairness it cant really be as bad as last years.

The become a legend mode is interesting. I have just signed with Man City and I'm trying to break into the first team but I'm starting to find the training games a little repetitive.

I really like the champions league mode.

Is it just me or do the Menu's look like they were made by a 10 year old with MSPaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

I dont really understand this negatvity from certain people....i got it last night, played for a few hours and its bloody brilliant! (havent tried online i must admit). the player likenesses are much better than fifa, the cl mode is a great addition...i added some crowd chants for utd, pool and england which is cool, the graphics are much smoother than last year. the off the ball movement from your team mates is much improved....

people seem to be going ooooooooon and oooooooon about comparing it to fifa......pro evo wins hands down for me. the gameplay on fifa is nowhere near as good and isnt that the whole point? (not what the menu screen or the music is like or how kaka's hair is beter in fifa!) lol. EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO!!!! :)

Dmaurice wrote: »
    I dont really understand this negatvity from certain people....i got it last night, played for a few hours and its bloody brilliant! (havent tried online i must admit). the player likenesses are much better than fifa, the cl mode is a great addition...i added some crowd chants for utd, pool and england which is cool, the graphics are much smoother than last year. the off the ball movement from your team mates is much improved....

people seem to be going ooooooooon and oooooooon about comparing it to fifa......pro evo wins hands down for me. the gameplay on fifa is nowhere near as good and isnt that the whole point? (not what the menu screen or the music is like or how kaka's hair is beter in fifa!) lol. EVO EVO EVO EVO EVO!!!! :)

I think it is easy enought to understand the negativity tbh. PES has gotten progressivly worse over the past few iterations. Not everyone agrees of course and thats fine. But it does seem that more and more people (myself included) are becoming frustrated with Konamis' PES franchise. Fifa or no Fifa.

Earlier PES games were better than the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Felt so weird at the start, but doesn't every years? Alot slower than last years.. seem to prefer the dribbling this year, it feels alot tighter and you feel alot more control of the ball. Players like Kaka, Messi Ronaldo etc and just ghost around the pitch :)
    There seems to be alot more midfield batttles this year which is nice, you can really get some crunching tackles in one after another :)
    Become a legend mode looks awesome!
    Although I still think Konami could make the game another difficulty level, I've played 6 games on Top Player and have won every one with relative ease.

Advertisement