Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city centre paths

Options
  • 06-10-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Am I the only person that notcies the sh**e quality of the pavements from eglington street down shop street, augustine street, high street, mainguard street, quay street and the surrounding streets??

You cant walk down the street without tripping on uneven surfaces. bumps and humps everywhere. Why can they not just level it off??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe it's your footwear?
    high+heels+ride+March+2008+009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Its a traffic calming/culling measure, helps keep the number of hen parties in town in check by breaking some of their ankles...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

I never notice...too busy dodging the dog sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

And you've been living in Galway for how long ?
    The footpaths and roads in Galway have been woefull for the decades..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    Am I the only person that notcies the sh**e quality of the pavements from eglington street down shop street, augustine street, high street, mainguard street, quay street and the surrounding streets??

Nope, you're not.

The bit that really gets me is the "paving" near the bottom of Augustine St, on the funeral parlour side. Whacking big pavers with huge crevasses between 'em. I don't even walk on it when I'm in sensible shoes, much less anything with a tiny bit of heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

ya been living in galway all my life but never really mentioned it to anyone. its ridiculous. was walking down grafton street during the week and its properly leveled and paved. how did we muck up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

foxy_19-89 wrote: »

You cant walk down the street without tripping on uneven surfaces. bumps and humps everywhere. Why can they not just level it off??
    running out of **** to complain about?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

DRakE wrote: »
    running out of **** to complain about?

relax will ya. just wanted to hear how other people felt. twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

why not do something about it yourself if you feel that strongly about it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement