Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does this team represent you?

• 06-10-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Republic of Ireland Under-23 squad v Belgium:

Darren Quigley - Derry City
    Barry Murphy - Shamrock Rovers
    Seamus Coleman - Sligo Rovers Going to be the real Ireland right back in time.
    Gavin Peers - Sligo Rovers
    Ger O’Brien - Shamrock Rovers
    Conor Kenna - UCD
    Shane Guthrie - Cobh Ramblers
    Conor Powell - Bohemians
    Darren Murphy - Cork City
    Paul Keegan - Drogheda United
    Killian Brennan - Bohemians
    Stephen Rice - Shamrock Rovers
    Stephen O’Donnell - Bohemians
    John Paul Kelly - Bohemians
    Ruaidhri Higgins - Derry City
    Gary Deegan - Bohemians
    Mark Quigley - St. Patrick’s Athletic
    Denis Behan - Cork City
    Ger Rowe - Bray Wanderers
    Jay O’Shea - Galway United.

I expect to see all the LOI fans Ireland haters at Dalymount for this game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Republic of Ireland Under-23 squad v Belgium:
    Conor Powell - Bohemians
    Killian Brennan - Bohemians
    Stephen O’Donnell - Bohemians
    John Paul Kelly - Bohemians
    Gary Deegan - Bohemians
    To answer your question, pretty much, yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nutsy will have his work cut out trying to tap up half of this lot in one training session. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

now THATS an irish side id have interest in watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

too much deadwood in there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It'd be great if they won the tournament. it's a shame none of the over 23 players in the eircom league get an oppurtunity like this. they should be given the oppurtunity in the 'B' team but i don't think they will include LOI players in that anymore.

i wonder will trappatoni go?

• Advertisement

you'd expect so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus, you don't realise how many of the better players in the league are under 23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Helix wrote: »
    now THATS an irish side id have interest in watching

I thought you hated Irish international football :confused: God forbid if any fans coming to this attempt to sing, wear anything remotely green or even enjoy the experience.

Meh. Good luck to them. Obviously, however, I would hope some are good enough for the full national team eventually.

When is it?

the 23rd i think shane.
    God forbid if any fans coming to this attempt to sing, wear anything remotely green or even enjoy the experience.

:D True. I'll be buying a Rangers jersey before the match anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This team represents the best under 23 players playing in Ireland, It does not represent the best under 23 Irish players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

zAbbo wrote: »
    This team represents the best under 23 players playing in Ireland, It does not represent the best under 23 Irish players.

Serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Stop talking rubbish. A lot of those players are not even first team players. JP Kelly for example is 3rd choice right winger at Bohs, Beehan only made the Cork team when Mooney left and O'Flynn got injured. Guthri is with a relegated team. Darren Quigley cannot make the Derry team.

You know nothing.

Best players in League are Keith Fahy, Brian Murphy, Shane Robsinson, Ryan Guy, Kalounus, Owen Heary, Stuart Byrne etc. None of these are in the squad.

A totally misinformed post by you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You might want to re-read my post before jumping in flame mode.

Owen Heary is 32, not 23 :)

My post was in response to the original posters question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Gareth37 wrote: »

You really should read that again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Does this team represent you?
    I'd prefer this team a bit more than the seniors, but as for club v country, it's club every time.
    Beehan only made the Cork team when Mooney left and O'Flynn got injured. Guthri is with a relegated team. Darren Quigley cannot make the Derry team.
    Flynny is gone. Guthrie is a decent player. I'd gladly take Darren Quigley.

I hope Behan puts in a great performance so someone will buy him.

All the other countries involved have done the same sort of thing(only selecting players playing in the national league)

When Trap took over they said the u-23 match squads would only avail of LOI players.

When Trap took over they said the u-23 match squads would only avail of LOI players.

Would this still be in place if we qualified for Olympic football using (probably) mostly English based players? (I think Olympic squads can call up three older players after qualifying). Wouldnt seem particularly fair if it were.

IIRC it is the under 21s who qualify a team for the Olympics judging by their performances in U 21 Euros, Asian Cups, Copa America etc etc.

I wouldn't think so Shane. I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Stop talking rubbish. A lot of those players are not even first team players. JP Kelly for example is 3rd choice right winger at Bohs, Beehan only made the Cork team when Mooney left and O'Flynn got injured. Guthri is with a relegated team. Darren Quigley cannot make the Derry team.

You know nothing.

Best players in League are Keith Fahy, Brian Murphy, Shane Robsinson, Ryan Guy, Kalounus, Owen Heary, Stuart Byrne etc. None of these are in the squad.

As a Pats fan, that made me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We're not gonna ever qualify for the U-21 CHampionships unless we get a very lucky draw.

• Advertisement

USA USA USA USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This team doesn't represent me.

SantryRed wrote: »
    We're not gonna ever qualify for the U-21 CHampionships unless we get a very lucky draw.

Not really. Our team is pretty good on paper but as long as Givens is in charge it doesn't matter if we got to pick our own group we wouldn't qualify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

As a Pats fan, that made me laugh.

Can we have him?

Des wrote: »
    This team doesn't represent me.

O RLY?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055172017&highlight=international+challenge
    Des wrote:
    This is a great idea........This is an Irish International Team that I can actually get behind 100%. It represents Irish football,

:rolleyes:

Prosecution rests your honour. If it wasnt for the love of the EL Id swear you were Eamon Dunphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

shane86 wrote: »

Prosecution rests your honour. If it wasnt for the love of the EL Id swear you were Eamon Dunphy.
    There are no Shelbourne players on the team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

CiaranC wrote: »
    There are no Shelbourne players on the team...

...or Boardeaux.

PWND.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

shane86 wrote: »
    O RLY?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055172017&highlight=international+challenge

Lol, owned again Des....:D

Advertisement