Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hiring computer equipment

Options
  • 06-10-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know if anywhere in sligo town offers this service, or even if can be done at all, basically need the use of a scanner for about a day, to copy aload of old family pics on to a digital photoframe, alternatly, can a photo/camera store, transfer pics to digital

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Not sure if there's a store that does it Stew, but you're more than welcome to take the loan of my scanner for a couple of days if it's any help to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

hmmm.

cafe online scans stuff but it's 1 euro per scan sooooo...

well. in a hypothetical situation which I completely do not endorse, you could visit a store that, for the purposes of our hypothetical situation, we will call "wee see porld" and buy something like a scanner, use it for a day, and return it because your computer seems to be too old and doesn't have the necessary usb port.

Although that's just crazy talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Xiney wrote: »
    hmmm.

cafe online scans stuff but it's 1 euro per scan sooooo...

well. in a hypothetical situation which I completely do not endorse, you could visit a store that, for the purposes of our hypothetical situation, we will call "wee see porld" and buy something like a scanner, use it for a day, and return it because your computer seems to be too old and doesn't have the necessary usb port.

Although that's just crazy talk.

a euro a scan

:eek::eek::eek:

could end up being quite costly as for going to said store, would mean i would have to buy a peice of equipment from them, not a opiton

:D

@takola

will bear offer in mind

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

if you go into cafe online when it is quiet they will let you scan for free and only charge for the computer time

Advertisement