Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores Car Seat??

Options
  • 06-10-2008 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Have had a friend on the phone letting rip about the dunnes car seat she bought recently..........for €39.99. Is it just me or is that ridiculously cheap, when you consider that this thing is meant to protect your child in the event of an accident?? I didn't think dunnes could sell a seat so cheap. Anyone have a good experience with it?

p.s: I think dunnes are great for food and homeware but car seats.......no!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As long as they (the makers) are sticking by the high standards required for such an item, there should be no real problem.
    Its a case of checking out the logo's on it and their safety cert's if any, attained by the makers.
    Then the choice is yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Was this a proper car seat or one of those booster seats they've been selling recently? Some people call those car seats too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

I work in Dunnes, I've seen booster seats as well- it's probably that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

betsyboo wrote: »
    Have had a friend on the phone letting rip about the dunnes car seat she bought recently..........for €39.99. Is it just me or is that ridiculously cheap, when you consider that this thing is meant to protect your child in the event of an accident?? I didn't think dunnes could sell a seat so cheap. Anyone have a good experience with it?

p.s: I think dunnes are great for food and homeware but car seats.......no!

You're giving out because something is cheap:confused::confused: Dunnes (or anyone) can't sell safety gear unless it's CE! marked. Once it's CE! marked it's passed EU safety critera.

I'd be more worried about the fact that a huge percentage of all cars seats aren't installed incorrectly as oppesed to someone selling something cheap.

BTW maybe the others ones are wayyy over priced. All they are is a moulded plastic seat with some webbing, buckles, some foam rubber and cloth. And they mark the price up as they know the parents think expensive equals good/safe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Del2005 wrote: »
    maybe the others ones are wayyy over priced. All they are is a moulded plastic seat with some webbing, buckles, some foam rubber and cloth. And they mark the price up as they know the parents think expensive equals good/safe

Right on! friends1.gif

Totally agree with the above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement