Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something that came to me on the bus...

Options
  • 06-10-2008 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

was listening to one of weezer's post 2000 albums on the bus (if you saw someone in a grey hoody with a cringey face today that was me) and it kind of hit me.

it seems that Rivers Cuomo only writes good music when he's pissed off or angry or longing for someone/things. now he's recently just got married and seems like he's totally happy in his life, yet the music still continues to suck a hard one.

is it terrible of me to wish for a failed marriage in the hope that we could get another great album out of this guy? i used to label him as a song writing genius but after their last 4 - to put it frankly - ****e albums i'm not too sure.

anyone else think like this or think of other artists that had great music/lyrics when they were in a certain mind set then that mind set changed and so did the music?

Advertisement