Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis!

Options
  • 06-10-2008 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Are there any tennis players out there? I'm a post grad and joined the club this year except I'm having trouble finding anyone to play with as my friends arent being very reliable with actually showing up! I thought the club would have events and maybe set up games but I havent really heard from them and have no idea when or what times they meet - it seems to be for good players. They also misinformed me about the time the courts were free so... who knows!

Level: Extreme beginner! Playing mostly for fun, but would like to learn how to play properly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I joined this year as well.

There's Training on Wednesdays 6 - 8 which is 2e and social tennis on thursday evenings between 6 - 8.

Was working myself last thursday so couldn't go so don't know what the turnout is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Yep, tennis player here too. :D:D

Just home from my first competitive match of the year, playing in Leopardstown...............and lost. :(
    Was good fun though. Couldn't make the social night last week but will probably be around for social tennis on Thursday. For a bit of craic. :)

Social tennis on Thursday is from 6-8 as far as I can remember. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Aberrator

I've been playing some tennis couple of years ago and wanted to get back to it. At present, I'm probably extreme beginner. Any advice how to start again at UCD?

If anyone is interested or looking for a partner to play, let me know. I'm a postgrad student and I'll be staying here at UCD for some time. Gender is not important.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Playoff_Beard

When can you use the tennis courts? do you have to pay?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

Aberrator wrote: »
    I've been playing some tennis couple of years ago and wanted to get back to it. At present, I'm probably extreme beginner. Any advice how to start again at UCD?

If anyone is interested or looking for a partner to play, let me know. I'm a postgrad student and I'll be staying here at UCD for some time. Gender is not important.

Cheers!

Hi, I pmed you!

And Playoff - it's hard to figure out. I joined the tennis club for €10 and was told that the courts were available for its members at certain hours. However, that turned out to be a lie. So I always end up paying a lot for an hour. I think its about €12. I cant remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Apparently, the times given at the start of the year were wrong. This was not the fault of the tennis club but rather the sports centre who supplied the wrong times.

I can't remember all the times exactly, but pretty sure the courts are free to use between 12-2 for the tennis club, played many times at this time. There may be more hours but can't remember them at the moment. :)

Advertisement