Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager Network

Options
  • 06-10-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Can someone please explain how this works? I never bought 2008 due to exams but will be getting the new one this Winter.

Are you entered into on online league where you build up yours teams and play each other in league format or are they one off games!? Just curious!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SkintEastwood

as far as i know you play in a league against live opposition. i'd love to get one going but i haven't a clue how to do it. anybody have any experiences with network play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I tried the beta version for a while but I didn't have the time or patientence to put up with its errors(normal enough for beta)

Its a continous league system you enter join league and then try to get promoted win championships bla bla, its not one off games.
    With the beta you picked your league depending on what sort of time and days you want your matches to be on at.
    Then if your logged on you can make changes in real time, if not the game will play out without you.

I cant say it was really for me and I dont think I will be going back now that its launched proper, but thats not to say it doesn't have its appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SkintEastwood

i like the idea in theory but also have my doubts about it. was the game you joined specific to ireland? do you know if this site runs a league? just new so haven't check about. could be fun doing transfer dealings with real players and talking smack after victories would add a new dimension:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

i like the idea in theory but also have my doubts about it. was the game you joined specific to ireland? do you know if this site runs a league? just new so haven't check about. could be fun doing transfer dealings with real players and talking smack after victories would add a new dimension:D

No it wasn't exclusive to ireland, it also takes a bit of getting used to its not a direct copy of the single player game many of the tactical decision are locked in the online game and you have build up skills by unlocking for instance when you start the game you can pick the formation but that is about all you can do tactically until you unlock all the different tactical decisions.

It is a very different beast to the solo game you dont just take charge of a team when you join you create a team and then create your team from what players are available to you. So in order to get the best out of the game you really do need to have a bit of time to play it.

So for me it wasn't really viable I like the single player game because I can leave it for a motnh or months and come back and play from where i left off this obviously isn't the same for the online game where you really need to be logging in at least three times a week or more for just team maintenace and to huild up your managerial skill set so you have access to all the tactical scouting and other abilities that are locked when you begin.

Advertisement