Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sloe berries

Options
  • 06-10-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

anyone know where I can pick sloe berries around Waterford? (time to make the Sloe Gin for Christmas!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

Sorry can't help you as I live in Wexford. Ask the local farmers if they have any blackthorn bushes in their fields.Managed to get a kilo last year in hedgerows near to my house. Sadly the farmer cut his hedges back and no fruit this year. I think from examing other blackthorn bushes there is very little fruit on them this year, maybe the bad summer?? Good luck anyway. By the way I think you can buy them dried in health food shops. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

Just had another thought.........what about posting your query in the County forum where there will be more hedgerows/farmers/sloe gin experts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Christ Church

flipsat wrote: »
    Just had another thought.........what about posting your query in the County forum where there will be more hedgerows/farmers/sloe gin experts!!!

Oh yes, I'll try that thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Duplicatication of the same thread across multiple forums is against site rules OP, so I have deleted the other thread. Please pick the most appropriate location for your thread and ill move the thread if its outside this forum. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Christ Church

Sully wrote: »
    Duplicatication of the same thread across multiple forums is against site rules OP, so I have deleted the other thread. Please pick the most appropriate location for your thread and ill move the thread if its outside this forum. :)

Thanks Sully, please could you delete this one and leave it in the Waterford county forum - I suppose I've more chance of finding sloe berries in a more rural area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Waterford County on request..

Topic Moved!

Advertisement