Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rave?

• 06-10-2008 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Whats the best clubs to go to for a rave in Dublin???

Thanx 4 da help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

if you want "rave" check out myspace.com/ursuscrewdublin they put on multi-room, multi-genre (dubstep,techno,drum n bass,) nights in mcgruders on thomas st every month or so. grimey as **** and always fun! they do up the place with lights and all mad **** too.

other than than there is just international djs that play in the tivoli or tripod, good place to check listings is city discs, in temple bar which is right beside the temple bar music centre/button factory.....they usually sell tickets for most of the decent djs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Acidhouse wrote: »
    Whats the best clubs to go to for a rave in Dublin???

Thanx 4 da help!

Raves do not really exist anymore in clubs here mate (old skool nites would be the exception then again it's still not a proper Rave as such)illegal Raves in warehouses and in forests,etc (they do happen occasionaly) is the closest you will get, asides from that you could always check out Raindance in London,established 1989 and still going strong, 20th anniversary party next year should be an absolutely amazing event.

http://www.raindanceravefestival.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

For a good club check out The Morgan - was boppin last night and always some savage chicks in there too

empirix wrote: »
    For a good club check out The Morgan - was boppin last night and always some savage chicks in there too

surely you don't mean The Morgan Hotel in Temple Bar?

(That's the only Morgan i can think of)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

jonny68 wrote: »
    Raves do not really exist anymore in clubs here mate (old skool nites would be the exception then again it's still not a proper Rave as such)illegal Raves in warehouses and in forests,etc (they do happen occasionaly) is the closest you will get, asides from that you could always check out Raindance in London,established 1989 and still going strong, 20th anniversary party next year should be an absolutely amazing event.

http://www.raindanceravefestival.com/
    Eh London isn't in Dublin.

• Advertisement

and i think he meant "rave" as in go for a good oul boogie, not necessarily a full on oldksool semi illegal rave!

check out mcgruders pub, thomas st on halloween night, it will be full on madness with dj scotch egg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Becki-Jay

Laurent garnier is in Tripod the Bank Hol wknd, also check out the Royal Theatre for Godskitchen the same wknd..Should be a good one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Becki-Jay wrote: »
    Laurent garnier

Is he still on the go? Nice one! Shame I can't go to the aforementioned gig. Rave or Rave-esque, there were some cracking tracks from the early to mid 90's I'd love to hear 'out loud and proud' again...

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Becki-Jay

Ah your from Tullamore, know a good few from there..

yeah the morgan hotel in temple bar, boppin old school techno every sunday night.

Its DEAF Weekend this week - hence Garnier. Luke Vibert is playing the basement in Kennedys on Sat nite - might pop allong. Also drum n bass/jungle in the basement of the Southwilliam on Friday night

I should add that The Morgan is not a rave, people are dressed pretty well here, personally i like chicks dressed up boppin away -reminds me of the FTV parties ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yep one of my favourite spots. I was in there a few weeks ago, actually on a date with a young lady, thought it would be a nice bar to go for a quiet drink - man was I wrong! the place was absolutely hopping! the Dj was playing some absolutely bangin tech house and minimal, some sort of stuff I play but I would not dream of playing it in just a normal bar - but everyone seemed to love it! Except the girl I was with :(

I'm very surprised they would be playing tech house and minimal somewhere like The Morgan (you defo wont catch me there now)suppose in fairness ive not been there since December 2006, nice bar but like Cocoon full of posers up their own ars*s, i was in Cocoon last Friday at a promotional nite where there was free Coors Light (don't even particulary like it but it's free so be rude not to) music for the most part was quite good, Funky House and some nice USA Garage but as i said full of posers.

yeah the morgan hotel in temple bar, boppin old school techno every sunday night.

Its DEAF Weekend this week - hence Garnier. Luke Vibert is playing the basement in Kennedys on Sat nite - might pop allong. Also drum n bass/jungle in the basement of the Southwilliam on Friday night

I should add that The Morgan is not a rave, people are dressed pretty well here, personally i like chicks dressed up boppin away -reminds me of the FTV parties ;)

FTV party's:D I love watching those but we don't have FTV anymore but used to always watch those cool party's on the FTV Diamond where Bob Sinclair would be rinsing out the House classics for the coked up models, all very pretentious but Monseiur Sinclair must have had a field day with some of those models.:pac:

oh yeah FtV parties rock, best in the world!! As for pretentious gits, head up or down and bop away and try to pull a hot chick!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

and i think he meant "rave" as in go for a good oul boogie, not necessarily a full on oldksool semi illegal rave!

check out mcgruders pub, thomas st on halloween night, it will be full on madness with dj scotch egg
    Do you know if McGruders is any good on an average week night for students?

that totally depends on the promoters or djs playing. I only go there when the Ursus Crew put on djs, so cannot comment otherwise.
    NCAD is just down the road so it might be ok for a pint or two if nothing else

Advertisement