Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self-Collusion

Options
  • 06-10-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Have you ever heard of it and what do you think of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭pokerkingsni

If you're gonna do it close the blinds and lock the bedroom door. you dont want anyone walking in on ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Its quite selfish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Keep that up and you'll end up with hair on your palms.

Edit: pokerkingsni types faster than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

hajjid wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of it and what do you think of it?

Cant say i have now, sorry about the Ignorance but what is it?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Do you mean implicit collusion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Self-Collusion usually involves the nefarious act of knowingly folding terrible hands to give yourself an advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭hajjid

I mean like to have 4 computers and sit down the same table 6 seater for example.

I actually think you would lose money that way as you give pot odd like 4:1 or 4:2 most of the time.

I don't know(but I have to admit it look tempting)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Ohhh, you mean cheating.

hajjid wrote: »
    I mean like to have 4 computers and sit down the same table 6 seater for example.

I actually think you would lose money that way as you give pot odd like 4:1 or 4:2 most of the time.

I don't know(but I have to admit it look tempting)

Four different computers need four different ip adrees plus four different skins plus four different names and details equalls one big fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Four different computers need four different ip adrees plus four different skins plus four different names and details equalls one big fail.

Easily done these days.
    4 cheap laptops.
    1 fixed broadband connection.
    1 dial-up connection.
    2 mobile broadband connections.
    Details from 3 other mates who don't play poker.

Not very difficult for the sites to recognise that these 4 players are always playing together. And it'd be a real pain in the arse when you keep paying rake out of all the money you keep winning from yourself. Probably better off to play full ring. :)

edit: I wonder could you effectively multi-table doing this :D

• Advertisement

DubTony wrote: »

edit: I wonder could you effectively multi-table doing this :D

Ya it was done well at 25/50 game on full tilt not to long ago worked very well but were all found out soon enough.

Its very easy playing 4 person heads up shootouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

you don't need different skins, as the IPs are different

I don't want to discuss how to set up such a system as they will close this thread.

All I want to discuss is whether collusion is profitable or it is all only a scary fairytale.

I say you give your opponent very good pot odds all the time especially preflop because you want to see the flop with as many of your players as possible to connect the flop in some way. And you are going to experience a lot of bad beats as you tend to play more marginal hands since you have more players.
    Everybody always talks about whipsawing but when colluders get a bad beat they actually whip themselves!!!:cool:
    Well that is my opinion, I ain't saying that is true

Sorry lads.but wgat are SKINS??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Gimme a D

Gimme a B

Gimme a ?

Mellor wrote: »
    you don't need different skins, as the IPs are different
    Ah so you have tried it. :pac:

Grafter wrote: »
    Gimme a D

Gimme a B

Gimme a ?
    Nah don't think so but he does like starting threads on finding out the best way to collude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

This guy set up a pile of cheating threads a while ago and 5sp locked them. Methinks this will also happen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

howaboutno141hq9.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement