Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyme Disease

Options
  • 06-10-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

This is my first time on this forum so bear with me....

Last week I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and I have been researching it on the net and all I can find is America websites. I was diagnosed pretty quickly so I guess I'm lucky in that sense. I'm just wondering has anyone out there had this disease and if so how have they got on with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Fraid I don't have a lot of information, I know my mothers friends' son caught it in america a few weeks ago, he'd been bitten but they didn't realise,and they thought it was flu, because he was weak and throwing up, but he passed out a few times & had bad pains in his chest, got admitted to hospital on a drip for a week or so, and it's now...2 ish weeks later and he appears to be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 prilla

Thats good news thanks for that. I was getting scared cause all I seemed to be reading was how these people with Lyme Disease were still affected years later. Maybe the key is to get it diagnosed early. I'm on antibiotics twice a day the last 3 weeks and I have 16 more days left. Not really feeling a whole lot better yet but it could be the effects of the antibiotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Obviously don't take my word for gospel, but a friend of mine had Lyme Disease, it was caught early too, she was oral anti-biotics and a cream for a rash site, and she seemed totally fine after about a month. I think the very serious symptoms are when it goes un-detected and spreads to organs and the brain in particular. If in doubt, ask your GP, or maybe a specalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

A mate of mines had Lymes disease and he wasnt detected early, he was eventually diagnosed properly and after treatment he came round although it took several months, but hes fine now...chin up;)

Advertisement