Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help oh wise people of this board!!!(iPhone)

• 06-10-2008 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hey guys,
    I want to buy an iPhone 3g but i refuse to take out a contract with o2. I'm currently on meteor, as 20euro a month is the max that i spend now with free calls and free texts to other meteor customers. I've been looking around the board and the various different topics on the iPhone, but i cant actually find how people got their iPhones. I've had a look around ebay and all the "reasonably" priced ones (8gb €400-550) have this turbo sim thing, which i don't really understand how it works. Anyone had any experience? Any buy their iPhone online? Could i get a link to the websites that people have previously bought from so that i know that they can be trusted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I got mine on the UK, £400 (PAYG) with unlimited web and wifi for a year in the UK.

It suits me down to the ground, I pay £1.99 a month and if anyone calls me on it while I am here in ireland I dont pay anything.

I spend half my time here and the other half in London, so I cant justify a contract in either place...........

i use a turbo sim for my Irish O2 sim and its fine. Saying that I dont really use my iphone over here, i have a fear of it getting dropped in horse poop.

Another good thing about me getting it from the UK is I know I have back up for a year if anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

eBay is your friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 simonbyrneno.4

andrewh5 wrote: »
    eBay is your friend :)

how much did you pay for yours? do you use the turbo sim thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Get an unlocked one from Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

culabula wrote: »
    Get an unlocked one from Italy.

Dont speak Italian so wasnt able to tell from the Vodafone Italy website if they sell it without contract ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,468 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

skearon wrote: »
    Dont speak Italian so wasnt able to tell from the Vodafone Italy website if they sell it without contract ?

http://translate.google.com/translate_t#

try it in there mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

same question as the OP - anyone have any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you don't have an apple mac as your every day computer, i'd suggest holding out for the LG Renior, could be out shortly, it seems to do everything the iphone does, in fact it could be an iphone except for the LG badge and a 8mp camera, the software seems very similar to the iphone with widgets etc.....not sure what price it'll be but I reckon around the €400 mark as that's where the Viewty started.....
    I was playing with it at the weekend and it's a serious contender for any windows users looking for a full touchscreen...

http://gizmodo.com/5052801/lg-renoir-surfaces-shows-off-touchscreen-8mp-camera-fingerprints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

no offense to people that buy iphones but they are usually just buying the phone for its looks, not the touchscreen, not the sh1te 2mpx camera, not the hefty price tag, not the crap bluetooth on the phone but for that big shiny apple on the back and that Excellent GUI (Have to praise apple on that, its imo the best GUI ive ever seen on a phone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

no offense to people that buy iphones but they are usually just buying the phone for its looks, not the touchscreen, not the sh1te 2mpx camera, not the hefty price tag, not the crap bluetooth on the phone but for that big shiny apple on the back and that Excellent GUI (Have to praise apple on that, its imo the best GUI ive ever seen on a phone)
    i agree - i, however, am buying it to shut the missus up!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,468 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i had the orignal iphone

great phone with lots of apps

i love my ipod so thats why i went for the iphone

i was going to buy the 3G version some time

but the nokia N96 is an awsome phone

im hoping to buy the n96

Advertisement