Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Cost

Options
  • 06-10-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I am thinking of adding some memory to my PC as is is starting to slow down. It currently has 2 Gig of memory 4 * 512 (DDR PC2-5200).

I was thinking of getting 4 * 1 Gig (DDR PC2700) for my computer. The price I was look at would be €108 all in. Is this reasonable?
    Would this actually speed up my computer much?

My PC specs are:
    Dual Channel Support: Yes
    CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
    CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz Model 4, Stepping 3
    CPU Speed: 3391 MHz

Thanks in advance

Peter.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That ram won't work with your pc. To be honest 2GBs is a lot, it's probably something else slowing you down. Probably best to do a format reinstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

That ram won't work with your pc. To be honest 2GBs is a lot, it's probably something else slowing you down. Probably best to do a format reinstall.

LOL. Bstards.
    I checked http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner and that was what it told me. Lol. Himm well I guess it is better than melting my pc.
    Cheers.
    P.

Advertisement