Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heater - which switch is which

Options
  • 06-10-2008 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey all,

i moved into a new place and there is storage heaters. The heater in the main living area has 2 main switches on the wall. previous tenants have written 'S' on one and 'C' on the other.

From Wiki i have figured out that these switches control the peak and off-peak electricity usage.

My question is how can i figure out which switch is which? The landlord isn't very sure and this is not something i'd like to do via trial and error as i don't fancy a large ESB bill for my mistake!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i'd guess s is for storage heat and c is for convection heater - most storage heaters are dual heaters, ie you can use them as instant/convection heaters if you want. obviously the convection/instant heater will use more electricity, buy its handy for the time of year when you dont need heat on full time but might like an hr or so in the evening

Advertisement