Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with new gaggia classic

• 06-10-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Received a shiny new gaggia classic a couple of days ago, but I've been having some problems with it. I can get water/steam from the steam wand without problem but no water is going through the group head. I thought it was just an air lock so followed the procedure to clear it.
    I bought the machine from coffee italia (coffeeitalia.ie) and their response so far has been "it must be an airlock if you can get steam or water from the steam wand". Many, many attempts later I'm starting to run out of patience. Any suggestions before I send this back?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Strange one. I'd be hesitant in dis-assembly in case you somehow invalidate the warranty. If you have the switch position correct and both hoses are in the resivoir then I'd be inclined to send it back rather than tinker with it. You could always just open the lid and make sure none of the hoses are kinked or trapped. This would only involve opening 2 screws and lifting the top off.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ch2008

Are you switching the button from steam mode to group head mode? I know this is probably obvious to you but we might as well start at the begining...if there is an air lock sometimes blowing through the water tube helps.not sure if you can do this on the classic without burning your face tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

If the steam button is in the up position you should get water in the grouphead within a few seconds.

Have you tried it without the portafilter in place?

Failing that, try removing the showerscreen (part of the cleaning process so it won't invalidate your warranty)

I have to admit it does sound like it's faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I had a similar problem with a gaggia and it turned out to be scale buildup inside the machine. Since yours is new though I doubt it can be the case with yours!

Advertisement