Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting posts?

Options
  • 06-10-2008 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Is there a time limit on posts so that after a while they can't be deleted?

I'm looking to delete a few old posts, or even edit them - but there's no edit button when I go to look back at them!!

Is it forum specific? Anything I can do at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can't edit or delete posts after two days (or maybe less now), because doing so interrupts the flow of the thread and can make things look ridiculous.

There was a case a long time ago where one user went about deleting hundreds of his posts and generally making a big mess.

If you want posts removed, you'll need to PM the mod(s) of the forum(s) where the posts are and give a reason for deleting them. The mods may or may not delete them, at their own discretion.

Generally, we don't delete or edit old posts without a good reason.

It's also worth noting that all posts from roughly August 2008 back to the start of boards have been extracted and stored in other forms:
    http://www.johnbreslin.com/blog/2008/07/30/deri-nui-galway-launches-the-boardsie-sioc-data-competition/

So even if you edit or delete the posts on boards, they will still be available elsewhere in the public domain.

Advertisement