Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fairyhouse road speed limit.

Options
  • 06-10-2008 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Why on earth is about a mile of the Fairyhouse road (at Tattersalls) still labelled a 50kph zone, probably 6 - 8 weeks after some road works were finished? Its usually an 80kph road. Trying to stick to 50kph there just seems silly based on the size of the road. A few weeks ago a guy I know got nabbed doing around 80kph in this 50kph zone despite the fact that the road was in standard condition long since the road works finished.

Does anyone know of any reason why the limit is still 50kph, because im racking my brains.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

because they can set up speed checks for your safety revenue generating speedtraps there and they know they will clean up every time due to the ridiculously low limit :rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

D_murph wrote: »
    because they can set up speed checks for your safety revenue generating speedtraps there and they know they will clean up every time due to the ridiculously low limit :rolleyes: :(

once again D_murph steps in thinking he knows it all. Truth be told you have no idea why the limit is at 50kph no more than I do.

OP if I remember correctly that road was finished a good while ago but why the limit has not been increased I do not know. Maybe they intend keeping it at 50 for Race Days??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

A very well known FF TD lives on the Fairyhouse Rd in the new 50KPH section. I'm sure they had nothing to do with the new speeds limits on the road...

TheNog wrote: »
    once again D_murph steps in thinking he knows it all.

once again eh? :rolleyes: just as well theres someone around to put me in my place :o. just as well im not like this...........

headinthesandqm6.jpg

Truth be told you have no idea why the limit is at 50kph no more than I do.

i can bet that something like this will pop up there though. the OP did say that a guy he knows got nabbed there already

killinascullyradargunxa7.png

:D

D_murph wrote: »
    once again eh? :rolleyes: just as well theres someone around to put me in my place :o. just as well im not like this...........

headinthesandqm6.jpg

i can bet that something like this will pop up there though. the OP did say that a guy he knows got nabbed there already

killinascullyradargunxa7.png

:D

another great contribution from the D_Murphy :rolleyes:

*standing ovation*

OP was there someone killed on that road fairly recently? say within the last year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

OP was there someone killed on that road fairly recently? say within the last year?

If you're there later this evening, and D_murph passes, there will be.

testicle wrote: »

LMAO :D

nah. i dont take it that personally, even if he does :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Not that im aware of.

testicle wrote: »

:D:D

good one

Then maybe the councillor or residents have something to do with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Then maybe the councillor or residents have something to do with it

A creche and a seperate playschool are in the new 50kmh zone, application was made to the council for it (the TD might have helped too :D)

Advertisement