Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scumbags tried to steal my car

Options
  • 06-10-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Need to vent a bit.

So this morning I leave for work, I get to my car (parked in a "secure" underground car park) and try to put the key in the lock, it does not fit. That’s odd I taught, I then checked to make sure I had the correct key I did. At this point I notice that a screwdriver (I think) had been put through the lock. Thankfully they did not get into the car, I found out this evening that they were disturbed when trying to get into the car.
    So (this morning) I went to the caretakers/security office to report it and of course my car was not on camera. I just gave up at that stage and went off to work.

I reported it to the gardai this evening just to have a report in case I can take things further they said they would check the CCTV footage of the car park. What more can they do I suppose.

So this evening while taking a picture of the lock on my car two of my neighbours pull into the car park. One of them tells me that he came into the car park Saturday night and spotted two 16ish year old scumbags trying to break into my car, they scattered when they seen him. He then discovered that they tried to steal his brother’s car as well. They managed to get into his car but could not get it started.

I would just love to find out who the fupping scumbags are and steal or destroy whatever the own and then kick them up and down the road and then probably get attacked by their 17 brothers.

Sorry about the rant/ramble but I just needed to vent.

On a side note can anyone give me an idea on how much a new lock would cost for a 97 Honda Prelude?

Excuse the dirt please I haven't got to wash it in two weeks.
    DSCN1134.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Well justified me thinks....
    On a side note can anyone give me an idea on how much a new lock would cost for a 97 Honda Prelude?

There's a scrappy out the Tuam road a bit, lot of cars there, he may have something...., somebody in the Motors Forum might know where ya can pick one up....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

scumbags..

hope they die screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Tossers,
    Really annoys me to hear stories like this and more that they will probably get away with it. Lucky they didn't get into the car they could of done alot more damage then.
    Hopefully karma kicks them where the sun don't shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

h3000 wrote: »
    I would just love to find out who the fupping scumbags are and steal or destroy whatever the own and then kick them up and down the road and then probably get attacked by their 17 brothers.

all of them by different fathers no doubt :rolleyes:

sorry to hear what happened :( but at least the little pr!cks didnt manage to actually steal the car at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Thanks for the replies people.

Hotwheels wrote: »
    There's a scrappy out the Tuam road a bit, lot of cars there, he may have something...., somebody in the Motors Forum might know where ya can pick one up....

Yeah I was thinking about going to a scrappy alright but I just hate the taughts of having one key for the door and one for the ignition. I might swap the lock from the passenger door to the drivers door and get a second hand lock for the passenger door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Try a locksmith with your existing lock and see if they can fix it. If you get a new/secondhand lock, a locksmith may be able to adapt it for your original key.

In Galway, try Collerans. 091-581857 (ask for Daragh).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

This kind of thing makes my blood boil...

Is it just me or do the cameras never seem to catch them?

Hopefully you'll get it sorted easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sorry to hear that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Fey! wrote: »
    Try a locksmith with your existing lock and see if they can fix it. If you get a new/secondhand lock, a locksmith may be able to adapt it for your original key.

In Galway, try Collerans. 091-581857 (ask for Daragh).

Thanks Fey I will look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

h3000 wrote: »
    Need to vent a bit.

So this morning I leave for work, I get to my car (parked in a "secure" underground car park) and try to put the key in the lock, it does not fit. That’s odd I taught, I then checked to make sure I had the correct key I did. At this point I notice that a screwdriver (I think) had been put through the lock. Thankfully they did not get into the car, I found out this evening that they were disturbed when trying to get into the car.
    So (this morning) I went to the caretakers/security office to report it and of course my car was not on camera. I just gave up at that stage and went off to work.

I reported it to the gardai this evening just to have a report in case I can take things further they said they would check the CCTV footage of the car park. What more can they do I suppose.

So this evening while taking a picture of the lock on my car two of my neighbours pull into the car park. One of them tells me that he came into the car park Saturday night and spotted two 16ish year old scumbags trying to break into my car, they scattered when they seen him. He then discovered that they tried to steal his brother’s car as well. They managed to get into his car but could not get it started.

Excuse the dirt please I haven't got to wash it in two weeks.
    DSCN1134.jpg

new coded lock isnt a dear fix, lucky they didnt pull the door back or do the usual honda trick ( wont mention it here - too many amateur car thief's have internet access )

still, surprised there guys even doing this, normally its just sat nav's they want...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Don't blame you for being angry OP. Good luck getting the lock fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

My car got broken into last year. They managed to force the door open and got the ignition block off before being disturbed. I was furious and, like you, my car wasn't on camera. I know how angry you must be, there are no words. What angered me more was my car was a ****e 95 Opel Corsa with no paint on the bonnet from a previous vandal attack, and there was €30 in the car, as well as shoes and a load of college books but they didn't touch any of it so their whole escapade was worthless. I just didn't see the point. I know they were probably going to burn it out, but why not at least make all your hard work worth it with a bit of cash?

Have a lovely little car now though, which more than makes up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedijonvtec

thats ****ty little scumbags for ya.

dont have jobs , dont buy stuff.!!!

but at least they didnt get it on ya. just after last xmas i went out to my car on a saturday morning around 10 , to find that my passenger window was kicked in and glass all over the place. my coat was knicked and i had a long 80 mile journey home on a wet cold morning.

repaired window and door that week , the next week on a friday after work i walked home just to find that the car was gone this time, knicked. went to gaurds , reported it stolen etc. how **** was that. no word from gaurds for a few weeks so i ring myself.

car was picked up in rathfarnham 4 days after it was knicked, this is almost 4 weeks since it was robbed. didnt care that the cops are useless, just wanted me car back.

picked up at pound and was pulled by cops 20 seconds after sittin in car, it was covered in ****, skins, beer , muck, exhaust was damaged, wing damaged, brakes ffffed. looked in a mess.

anyways , got it fixed up back home (not dublin) and brought it back up about 3 weeks after. it was a sunday night at 1.15 when i got to house.
    left house at 7.30 that morning for work , car gone. forever.

they managed to break ignition again and get off a chain that took me ten minutes to put on, insurance would have paid out around 1100 for insurance minus 760 as policy just started . i would also lose all 5 years no claims .

it could be worse....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

complete scum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Cabaal wrote: »
    complete scum!
    +1

Scumbags indeed. Hope they rot in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Same thing happened my punto on passenger side, cost me a fortune just to get the door working again, screwdriver hole still remains :(

Lucky for me though car was ok otherwise and nothing was taken, seems they were disturbed same as you.

These people are a waste of space but the universe has it's own little way of balancing things out...these fella's are going nowhere in life and they'll get whats coming

Advertisement