Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Waterford - Slow speeds surfing, but reg speed on speedtest

Options
  • 06-10-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all,

Strange one this. I am running NTL 20MB in Waterford city, and over the last few days i have noticed a dramatic slowdown in my download speeds. Surfing has become slower too, yet when i run a speed test i am getting roughly 14 - 16MB, fluctuates.

This happened some time back also, but the speed test showed download speeds of 4mb or so back then. Prob sorted itself out after time.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Thank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

The big P2P thread up the top is discussing the traffic shaping being done by NTL lately, do you use torrent for dowloads?? more then likely they are shaping your torrent traffic, shouldn't effect your web surfing but it will still register as normal on a speed test

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Thanks for your response.

Yes, i do occasionally use torrent for download and have seen a huge decrease. I will take a look at the p2p thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Last night it was recidulously bad down here in waterford, I could not actually get into my Gmail account cause it was timing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

My connection was down for the past couple of hours, it's back up now but as you guys are saying its very slow.

Had problems all last nite and yesterday morning too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sack lunch

I don't have problems surfing but Soulseek is all over the place. It usually starts off at the expected speed but then drops to 0.X kbps and then stalls. Sometimes out of nowhere I'll get a decent speed but it never lasts.

Could this be as a result of throttling also? Or is that just to do with torrents? I've never heard of it before

p.s. my port forwarding is set up correctly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

NTL gone completley on me last night...everything connected and looked good to go, but couldnt access the net.

Anyone else in Waterford have connection problems last night?

Didnt get a chance to check it this morning to see if it was back up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Speed was ****e last night. I was getting 7KB/s . Its not looking much better atm, its ****ing crazy slow.

Advertisement