Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ADSL2 7.6MEGs Broadband?

Options
  • 06-10-2008 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

New ADSL2 7.6MEGs Broadband?

Is this service worth going for?

I have heard people are having problems even getting slower speeds than what they had previously?

Plus unstable Broadband at high speed when browsing websites and onlinestreaming content.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm guessing this is eircom's you're talking about, in which case it's not ADSL2, which is probably the cause of a lot of the problems with it. If your line isn't suitable for the top speed, they'll downgrade to a lower one.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Yeah there was a thread about Eircoms new options further down, take a look see

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There are issues for some people on the upto 7.6MB service, I suggest you uise the search function as it will answer alot ogf your questions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

Cabaal wrote: »
    There are issues for some people on the upto 7.6MB service, I suggest you uise the search function as it will answer alot ogf your questions :)

7.6 MEG Broadband Adsl2 Problematic ?

Thanks for your reply but what key words do I search,as nothing suitable has come up.

If I upgrade and the ISP make a "mess" of it will I be stuck so I cannot downgrade?

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

jor el wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is eircom's you're talking about, in which case it's not ADSL2, which is probably the cause of a lot of the problems with it. If your line isn't suitable for the top speed, they'll downgrade to a lower one.

Thanks for your reply it will be Eircom repackaged as Imagine Telecom,Gaelic Telecom,UTV Broadband whatever they are all the same broadband except pricing and customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    7.6 MEG Broadband Adsl2 Problematic ?

Thanks for your reply but what key words do I search,as nothing suitable has come up.

If I upgrade and the ISP make a "mess" of it will I be stuck so I cannot downgrade?

Thanks again.

It's not ADSL2. It's maxed out ADSL1 on, for the most part, shite lines. Hence the problems.

Some related threads:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055393060
    The last 10-15 pages of this monster:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055228131

In theory you should only be sold the package that your line can handle and from what I've heard thats whats happening.
    If you have a good and short line there 'shouldn't' be a problem, except for ping times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

as posted above the 7.6meg package has nothing to do with adsl2+ whatsoever.. its ordinary adsl1. Most of the problems would not exist if it was on adsl2+, Eircom only upgraded the primary exchanges to adsl2+ and even on those this package is still on adsl1. And If you want good ping times go back to the 3meg package.

Advertisement