Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Fitness Log

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

celestial wrote: »
    The scales is not a good indicator of progress here, he does weights a fair bit so I'd be looking to the mirror and how clothes fit - the two only reliables out there!

FatLoss, looking steady - and I will keep reiterating that all you need to do is keep up ANY kind of exercise at this point - ANY kind - and keep the junk out of the picture and you WILL be coming back here in a few weeks marvelling on here at your progress.

Keep logging here and keep up the good work.

not wanting to drag the thread off topic but the no weight loss due to muscle gain argument doesnt stack up here! Everyone is different and i agree that the clothes fit etc can be a good indicator sometimes but NOT in the OP's case .. Believe me i know what im taking about as i once weighed close to that weight and once you make the necessary (even small) changes to diet the first couple of stone literally falls off! also, there is no chance the OP could build muscle at the same rate as dropping the initial fat.... bottom line, the OP is doing great on the exercise front but the diet needs to be sorted to see results..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

corkcomp wrote: »
    not wanting to drag the thread off topic but the no weight loss due to muscle gain argument doesnt stack up here! Everyone is different and i agree that the clothes fit etc can be a good indicator sometimes but NOT in the OP's case .. Believe me i know what im taking about as i once weighed close to that weight and once you make the necessary (even small) changes to diet the first couple of stone literally falls off! also, there is no chance the OP could build muscle at the same rate as dropping the initial fat.... bottom line, the OP is doing great on the exercise front but the diet needs to be sorted to see results..

i agree

but also i have come down in measurements :)

thats why i posted them on monday so everyweek i will repost measurements , so at least i have a start point as to what i lost

Saturday 08/11/08

54km cycle with my old man

did this in just over 2hr 10mins

only thing sore is my a.s.s from the saddle

measurements and weight taken tonight

03rd November 2008 Start

Weight :
    295.8Lbs - 4.8lbs

R Calf : 18.5 " - 1"
    L Calf : 18 " - 0.5"
    Right Thigh : 25.5 " - same
    Left Thigh : 25.5 " + 0.5 "
    Waist : 46 " + 0.5 "
    Gut ( Around Belly ) : 51 " - same
    Chest : 49 " - 1 "
    R Bicep : 16 " + 1"
    L Bicep : 16.5 " - same
    R Wrist : 7.5 " DNM
    L Wrist : 7.5 " DNM
    Neck : 17 " - 0.5 "

Few Losses , went bit mad at weekend at party 2 nights

11/11/08

8.58 km in 20 mins on bike level 6 but got cramp in calf so stopped

shoulder press 15kg dumbells 4 x 10

lat pull down 50kg 4 x 10

squat machine ( lie down thing ) 90kg 4 x 10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭contact23

well done on deciding to go for it, the hard thing is keeping it up, I find music helps a lot, and i got a x trainer and do it from home, easier to find the time, lost 20 punts in 5 months, feeling great too!

17/11/2008

16km on bike level 6 in 37 mins , 20mins walk on threadmill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Nearly 2 months of solid training and no new threads on fad diets!

Well done, you should be proud you're sticking with it and you're already starting to lose inches.

Keep it up!

ha ha cheers man

not as fast as id like but all helps

trying to cutting stuff out as i go along

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

It is so tough but you will get there! doing the same myself. Just trying to keep at it. Have you thought of looking into why you are cramping up? Are you stretching plenty before you begin. Also I heard that banana is good for that! Now don't take that as gospel, I just know I heard it from somewhere.

• Advertisement

havnt given up , my backs been playing up since may 2007 , simple thing , but mix between my posture and sitting in work all day hasnt helped

so decided to see a physio for a few weeks to try solve this , as when i was on the bike i kept having to sit a diff way slightly to release the pain i was feeling

got an x-ray and i was told i had just put my back out so decided to change from chiropractor to physio and hit it hard after xmas hopefully

will post stats at xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 19 contakt23

hi any update did u have sucess?

Advertisement