Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PS3] Fifa 09 League???

Options
  • 07-10-2008 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody set one up yet? We should try and get it going properly this year!

League Name: Boardsliga
    Password: Boyos (case sensitive)

I've set it up with 10 teams max and everybody plays everybody once to start with. I also enabled playoffs as we're only playing each other once.

PSN: orrj2

Signed Up:
    orrj2
    d4an77
    Fly13
    johnny_adidas
    WayneEnterprises
    robfowler
    kensutz
    nslattery
    eddiehead
    daniyalahmed

Gameday 1:
    nslattery v kensutz
    daniyalahmed 1 v 4 eddiehead (eager beavers)
    johnny_adidas v WayneEnterprises
    orrj2 v d4an77
    robfowler v Fly13

Gameday 2:
    kensutz v robfowler
    orrj2 v Fly13
    johnny_adidas v d4an77
    daniyalahmed v WayneEnterprises
    nslattery v eddiehead

Gameday 3:
    Fly13 v kensutz
    d4an77 v robfowler
    WayneEnterprises v orrj2
    eddiehead v johnny_adidas
    nslattery v daniyalahmed

Gameday 4:
    kensutz v d4an77
    Fly13 v WayneEnterprises
    robfowler v eddiehead
    orrj2 v nslattery
    johnny_adidas v daniyalahmed

Gameday 5:
    WayneEnterprises v kensutz
    eddiehead v d4an77
    nslattery v Fly13
    daniyalahmed v robfowler
    johnny_adidas v orrj2

Gameday 6:
    kensutz v eddiehead
    WayneEnterprises v nslattery
    d4an77 v daniyalahmed
    Fly13 v johnny_adidas
    robfowler v orrj2

Gameday 7:
    kensutz v daniyalahmed
    nslattery v johnny_adidas
    eddiehead v orrj2
    WayneEnterprises v robfowler
    d4an77 v Fly13

Gameday 8:
    johnny_adidas v kensutz
    orrj2 v daniyalahmed
    robfowler v nslattery
    Fly13 v eddiehead
    d4an77 v WayneEnterprises

Gameday 9:
    kensutz v orrj2
    johnny_adidas v robfowler
    daniyalahmed v Fly13
    nslattery v d4an77
    eddiehead v WayneEnterprises

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 d4an

Nice 1 count me in!!

PSN: d4an77

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Count me in robfowler78 I'll take a team later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I can't guarantee places or anything, it's the first 10 to log in, but after the first league has ran its course, we could set up a new one. I think the best thing to do is to put up fixtures after everyone has registered so that everybody plays a game every 2/3/7 days...that can be decided later!

I'll put up fixtures when we have 10 players so don't play anybody until then!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

ye il try join it now, nice work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Have you guys added your support for the FIFA forum here on boards yet? link in sig! we need our own place for all things FIFA related :) other, less popular games get their own forum so it's high time we did!

• Advertisement

Have you guys added your support for the FIFA forum here on boards yet? link in sig! we need our own place for all things FIFA related :) other, less popular games get their own forum so it's high time we did!

Just did there, but it looks like it's in the process of being done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

jasonorr wrote: »
    Just did there, but it looks like it's in the process of being done!

Hopefully! a few extra names wouldn't do any harm though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

note : password is case sensitive

note : password is case sensitive

Yeah, sorry about that...fixed up top now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Any more places left I'm interested in joining :)

• Advertisement

Any more places left I'm interested in joining :)

About 4 so, get in there as quickly as you can...they could go this evening or soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Cheers mate, I'll join tonight. Do I just goto online leagues on FIFA and look for your league name, then enter password ?

Cheers mate, I'll join tonight. Do I just goto online leagues on FIFA and look for your league name, then enter password ?

Yeah, I think you go to online leagues and it gives you the option to search for one, so you put in the league name and once you've found it, join using the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Would like to join but will only be able to play games after 8:30 am and only some weekends. If this is ok will try and join this weekend if i'm off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I'll join too, this should be fun if it gets goin, if only there was a way we could organise a prize or something, that would be sweet, it would encourage people to make the effort to play too

dcukhunter wrote: »
    Would like to join but will only be able to play games after 8:30 am and only some weekends. If this is ok will try and join this weekend if i'm off.

As long as you can organise a game with whoever you're playing, there shudn't be a problem!

eddiehead wrote: »
    I'll join too, this should be fun if it gets goin, if only there was a way we could organise a prize or something, that would be sweet, it would encourage people to make the effort to play too

How about we just get it up and running first and then we can talk about prizes and stuff!

How about we just get it up and running first and then we can talk about prizes and stuff!

Ah no, Im only in it for the money:D

As long as you can organise a game with whoever you're playing, there shudn't be a problem!

Cool will try and sig up when I get home. If anyone wants a game in the morn about 9 my psn: dcukhunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Im up for this

psn:ghouldaddy

should we make a requirement that people give msn addreass to orginize matchs?

• Advertisement

Top of the league....oh yeahh!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Has this started already? I noticed there are still a few places left, I'd like to get in on it.

should we make a requirement that people give msn addreass to orginize matchs?

I don't think it's necessary since we can access the XMB and send messages to each other while the game is in, maybe when the fixtures are arranged, send the person you're playing a message to see when they can play you and arrange a time!
    Has this started already? I noticed there are still a few places left, I'd like to get in on it.

Hasn't started so log in and try and join in if there are places.

OK, the league is closed for now until all the games have been played at which time, other people can join.

I've put fixtures on the first page, so can people please try to stick to these as peopple will lose interest if someone has played all their games and can't be caught while others have only played a few games. For now can we try and wait until all games have been played in one gameweek before moving on to the next?

We should also add each other as friends on PSN so that we can arrange matches, also if anybody can't figure out how to invite somebody to a game or accept an invite, send me a PM.

If I have left anything out, let me know!

Let the gaming begin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

dam dude, why did you close it? i wanna play!!

dam dude, why did you close it? i wanna play!!

It closes automatically, sorry and there's been a game played already! We'll try and play the league out quickly and those of you who wanted to join, but missed out can join then!

Damn work missed the sign up now. Might try and start a boards2 league. Top 3 or 4 teams out of each leauge have a knock-out against each other :D

dcukhunter wrote: »
    Damn work missed the sign up now. Might try and start a boards2 league. Top 3 or 4 teams out of each leauge have a knock-out against each other :D

Yeah, go for it...but with only 9 gamedays, it could be over soon and you could signup then. It's up to yourself, but it might be cool to have a bigger league than if there's two.

Yeah, go for it...but with only 9 gamedays, it could be over soon and you could signup then. It's up to yourself, but it might be cool to have a bigger league than if there's two.

Will try it when I get home in the morn would be handy to gauge how many people would be intrested in having a bigger leauge going as well. Will start a new thread if I do and post a link here for it.

Hurry up with the fifa forum mods :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Defo be interested in a bigger league.
    Is this an Irish league by the way?

Advertisement