Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PS3] Fifa 09 League???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

jasonorr wrote: »
    That is strange, can ye play friendlies against each other?

Never tried maybe if we can get connected in a friendly we can use the result of that game?.. don't know how people feel about that. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Never tried maybe if we can get connected in a friendly we can use the result of that game?.. don't know how people feel about that. :confused:

The only thing about that is the result won't register in the league and so, the league won't have finished and I can't check the result!

Try playing a friendly anyway first and if that works, let me know and we can decide what to do then!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Around from this evening until Thursday evening. Any time after 5pm.

The only thing about that is the result won't register in the league and so, the league won't have finished and I can't check the result!

Try playing a friendly anyway first and if that works, let me know and we can decide what to do then!

will do probably will get it sorted in the end

Just played d4an won 2-0. Nice bicycle kick from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 d4an

Tough game, I had no chances and give away 2 early goals will played ken.

Table and results updated, good man Ken...nearly finished your games now!

eddiehead you jammy fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

kensutz wrote: »
    eddiehead you jammy fecker

Yes Yes!!:D

Im getting increasingly worse at this game, I better cop on to myself and start playing again. The only time I play now is the odd online game against one of you lot, which clearly isnt enough :o I won my first 2 games in this league handy, then drew 4 and lost 1 of my remaining 5

Table and results updated, good man Ken...nearly finished your games now!

Any sign of nslattery? Im relying on him, you and johnny_adidas to win most of your remaining games and keep me on top!

:pac:

• Advertisement

eddiehead wrote: »
    Any sign of nslattery? Im relying on him, you and johnny_adidas to win most of your remaining games and keep me on top!

nslattery hasn't been on in over 2 weeks, so he'll probably be removed on Sunday and his results voided I'm afraid so you'll lose that point! You'll have to get on to him :p

nslattery hasn't been on in over 2 weeks, so he'll probably be removed on Sunday and his results voided I'm afraid so you'll lose that point! You'll have to get on to him :p

Looks like we are all waiting on him, good news for me if he is taking out and I can beat Johnny then I can win the league every cloud has a silver lining......:)

Looks like we are all waiting on him, good news for me if he is taking out and I can beat Johnny then I can win the league every cloud has a silver lining......:)

Don't forget the playoffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

as i suggested to rob, going by past performances i should be awarded the game 5 nil, seems only fair :eek:

as i suggested to rob, going by past performances i should be awarded the game 5 nil, seems only fair :eek:

Done.

Can't do that I'm afraid! What about your connection, do you have NAT 2?

Feck forgot about the play-off's and the way Eddie has been so lucky against me lately :) he has a great chance.

Hey Johnny more like if I give you a 5-0 head start you might have a fighting chance ha ha

Hey Johnny more like if I give you a 5-0 head start you might have a fighting chance ha ha

it may take me a while to set up 10 men across the back!!!

think ive nat 3. not 100% on that though. i wont be messing about with it either so ill take the loss if needs be rather than upsetting my setup

think ive nat 3. not 100% on that though. i wont be messing about with it either so ill take the loss if needs be rather than upsetting my setup

Fair enough, but if that's the case, it could be what's causing the problem and it's not too difficult to get it onto NAT 2!

I've NAT2 but we still should be able to connect I have done before. I'll be on tonight around 8:00 if you want to try again. Just abit strange must be a conflict someware we'll do what Jayson said and try a friendly first.

Don't forget the playoffs!

What are the playoffs ?

• Advertisement

d4an wrote: »
    What are the playoffs ?

When I set up the league, as there was only 1 game against every team, I included playoffs. I assume the top 4 playoff against each other in semi-finals and a final, I'm not sure though!

When I set up the league, as there was only 1 game against every team, I included playoffs. I assume the top 4 playoff against each other in semi-finals and a final, I'm not sure though!

OOH! I like It, a chance to redeem myself!:D

@robfowler.........YOUR GOIN DOOOWWWNN!!!

Nice 1 still in with a chance!

eddiehead wrote: »
    OOH! I like It, a chance to redeem myself!:D

@robfowler.........YOUR GOIN DOOOWWWNN!!!

Bring it on your luck is bound to run out eventually.......;)

Gameday 1: Closed
    daniyalahmed 1 v 4 eddiehead
    orrj2 1 v 2 d4an77

Gameday 2: Closed
    eddiehead 7 v 0 johnny_adidas
    d4an77 0 v 0 robfowler

Gameday 3: Closed
    kensutz 0 v 3 robfowler
    johnny_adidas 0 v 2 d4an77

Gameday 4: Closed
    johnny_adidas 1 v 1 orrj2
    eddiehead 1 v 2 d4an77

Gameday 5: Closed
    daniyalahmed 1 v 3 robfowler

Gameday 6: Closed
    robfowler 1 v 1 orrj2
    d4an77 0 v 3 daniyalahmed
    robfowler 0 v 0 eddiehead

Gameday 7: Closed

Gameday 8: Closed
    orrj2 4 v 2 daniyalahmed
    eddiehead 0 v 0 orrj2

Gameday 9: Open
    kensutz 5 v 1 orrj2
    kensutz 1 v 2 daniyalahmed
    johnny_adidas 1 v 2 daniyalahmed
    kensutz 2 v 0 d4an77
    kensutz 1 v 1 eddiehead

johnny_adidas v robfowler
    johnny_adidas v kensutz
    P   W   D   L   F   A  GD Pts
    1 d4an77             6   3   1   2   6   7  -1  10
    2 eddiehead          6   2   3   1  13   4   9   9
    3 robfowler          5   2   3   0   7   2   5   9
    4 daniyalahmed       6   3   0   3  11  13  -2   9
    5 kensutz            5   2   1   2   9   7   2   7
    6 orrj2              6   1   3   2   8  11  -3   6
    7 johnny_adidas      4   0   1   3   2  12 -10   1

Some much needed pruning there, nslattery has been removed for wasting our time...just 2 games left so, I had hoped these would have been played by now, but I'll give ye unti Wednesday, is that fair enough?

Some much needed pruning there, nslattery has been removed for wasting our time...just 2 games left so, I had hoped these would have been played by now, but I'll give ye unti Wednesday, is that fair enough?

Sound fair but tried to connect to Johnny a couple of times on different days but it won't connect. Trust me it's not for the want of trying I have a good chance of finishing top. I'll be on between 8 and 10 each of the evenings this week so if he's around I'll try again.

I've never had this problem with anyone else usually it connects if you keep trying. Strange thing here is both day's the PS3's froze and we both had to restart on the one occasion that we got to the load screen before the game.:confused:

yeah on 2 occasions (first tries on separate days) i got as far as training screen while the match loaded, then both ps3's froze. after a restart it just wouldnt get past the invite screen. Im not trying to be awkward or anything but i dont want to fubar my ps3 over a league game of fifa. ill give it one more try tomorrow evening, if that suits rob but that will be it, and will happily concede the points going on past results.
    will also try organise the game with kensutz for tomorrow or later on tonight.

yeah on 2 occasions (first tries on separate days) i got as far as training screen while the match loaded, then both ps3's froze. after a restart it just wouldnt get past the invite screen. Im not trying to be awkward or anything but i dont want to fubar my ps3 over a league game of fifa.

Hey Johnny I agree turning the PS3 on and of can't be good for it. We'll give it one more go and see what happens.

Gameday 1: Closed
    daniyalahmed 1 v 4 eddiehead
    orrj2 1 v 2 d4an77

Gameday 2: Closed
    d4an77 0 v 0 robfowler

Gameday 3: Closed
    kensutz 0 v 3 robfowler

Gameday 4: Closed
    eddiehead 1 v 2 d4an77

Gameday 5: Closed
    daniyalahmed 1 v 3 robfowler

Gameday 6: Closed
    robfowler 1 v 1 orrj2
    d4an77 0 v 3 daniyalahmed
    robfowler 0 v 0 eddiehead

Gameday 7: Closed

Gameday 8: Closed
    orrj2 4 v 2 daniyalahmed
    eddiehead 0 v 0 orrj2

Gameday 9: Closed
    kensutz 5 v 1 orrj2
    kensutz 1 v 2 daniyalahmed
    kensutz 2 v 0 d4an77
    kensutz 1 v 1 eddiehead

Semi-Final: Open
    robfowler v eddiehead
    kensutz v d4an77
    P   W   D   L   F   A  GD Pts
    [B]1 robfowler          5   2   3   0   7   2   5   9
    2 kensutz            5   2   1   2   9   7   2   7
    3 d4an77             5   2   1   2   4   7  -3   7
    4 eddiehead          5   1   3   1   6   4   2   6[/B]
    5 daniyalahmed       5   2   0   3   9  12  -3   6
    6 orrj2              5   1   2   2   7  10  -3   5

Right, I have now removed johnny as I feel this league has dragged out long enough and he was envolved in both of the remaining fixtures, sorry Johnny! The Fifa playoffs mustn't take GD into consideration, so we can't use that system this time as dani (sorry!) is in there instead of eddiehead.

So the semi-finals are up, but since we can't use the online playoff system, we'll have to do it through friendlies. So can ye please arrange yer matches and maybe post here when ye want to play them, preferably before Sunday??? After the match, can ye post the results here, with a confirmation from the loser! No replays or second legs, one match with extra-time and penalties if needed!

Any suggestions for the layout for next season??? It didn't go perfectly to be honest, do ye want more teams, more games...I'm thinking both to be honest! With or without a playoff?

I finished last :mad:

• Advertisement

Hey Eddie let me know when suits you for our game. Should be on tonight for an hour around 7 if your about.

I think your format worked well Jason ( fair play for arranging it ) much better than the other leagues for been organised. Maybe increasing the league size is not the best option because we started with ten and ended with 7 and if you look at the other leagues they are all the same with people not playing games or dropping out. Why not keep only regular players but have people play twice home and away. Just a thought

Advertisement