Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CC Cup Winners Vs 2008/09 Team

Options
  • 07-10-2008 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Spurs Carling Cup Winning Team 24/02/2008
    Robinson

Hutton Woodgate King Chimbonda*

Lennon Jenas Zokora Malbranque**

Berbatov Keane***

Subs Used: Huddlestone 61*, Tainio 75**, Kaboul 102***

Subs Not Used: Cerny, Bent

Out of the 16 men on the pitch or bench:
    8 have been sold
    1 is out long term injury
    1 is only available on a part-time basis
    The six that we are left with is
    Woodgate, Lennon, Jenas, Zokora, Huddlestone, and Bent

It's hardly what I would call continuity of a winning side. Does anyone think we have improved in any of the positions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

yes left back, bale is better than chimps was last season(when he plays left back that is!) i though pascal had a great first season but was ropey at the back last year.

not sold on gomes yet. think he maybe better, he pulls off some great saves that he prob shouldnt get but that goal against villa just keeps sticking in my head.(reminds me of robinson)

big mal is a loss. cant comprehend why he was sold.

strikers no where near as good.

so one player is better..... result back ward steps ,for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

keane=cock wrote: »
    yes left back, bale is better than chimps was last season(when he plays left back that is!) i though pascal had a great first season but was ropey at the back last year.

not sold on gomes yet. think he maybe better, he pulls off some great saves that he prob shouldnt get but that goal against villa just keeps sticking in my head.(reminds me of robinson)

big mal is a loss. cant comprehend why he was sold.

strikers no where near as good.

so one player is better..... result back ward steps ,for me
    Sorry but this doesn't truly reflect the comings and goings accurately.

Lennon Jenas Zokora Hutton Woodgate King are all still here, Steed should have stayed, but who would I rather have?
    Chimbo, Gardner, Tanio, Kaboul, or Modric, Dos Santos, Bentley, Hutton - Sorry no contest!!

I like Gomes, he is much more comanding than Robbo, yes he is not perfect, but I would take him over Robbo right now sorry!

Keane and Berbs is the biggest loss, no surprise, but I think Pav could be equal to Keane in the long run - Remember the deal was supposed to be (until levy fecked it up) Pav and ArseShavin as a partnership - Then, I am not sure there is as much difference in the pairing (after they found their feet of course).

So for me - The whole team, playing to the best of their abilities - I am going to say, even, or maybe a little better - Bottom line is, we can't say for sure yet, maybe in four or five months?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I probably asked the wrong question when I said "Does anyone think we have improved in any of the positions ?"

Personally I would have kept hold of Malbranque and Tainio.

To lose/sell and then replace virtually half of your squad in the space of a few months has proven to be a disaster. Success is not overnight it is from building on what you have got.

We havent just built an extension on the house. We've pulled the whole thing down and started again but forgotten about the foundations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

John W wrote: »
    Sorry but this doesn't truly reflect the comings and goings accurately.

Chimbo, Gardner, Tanio, Kaboul, or Modric, Dos Santos, Bentley, Hutton - Sorry no contest!!

think you will find hutton was there at last seasons final

Advertisement