Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Please!

• 07-10-2008 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭

I basically want to see some Serie A games. To the best of my knowledge they're not shown on terrestrial tv over here anymore. A freind suggested i look into getting a dish. Does anyone know if its possible to pick up games FTA and what would work best?

I'm a complete beginner so forgive my ignorance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

This is where I find out which matches are being shown FTA:
    www.liveonsat.com

The FTA channels are displayed in red. Hold the pointer over the channel name and the satellite and transponder information is displayed.

Note that some FTA channels either encrypt or block some matches (rights issues and all that). If the channel information has something in brackets after FTA it's a good clue that the match might be encrypted. Still worth checking it out if the satellite is available to you though.

For what it's worth, I think I've only ever seen live Serie A matches on the encrypted Sky Calcio channels :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You'd want a 95 to 110 cm triax dish and Motek motor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

To be honest if you want full Seria A coverage then a supscription to sky italia is the only main way. Hardly any if any at all appear FTA. Alternatively Digital Albania show some Serie A games on 16 east, a 6 month card should cost around 140ish id say but they are having a lot of issues at the moment and couldnt recommend them as things are at the moment.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

To be honest if you want full Seria A coverage then a supscription to sky italia is the only main way. Hardly any if any at all appear FTA. Alternatively Digital Albania show some Serie A games on 16 east, a 6 month card should cost around 140ish id say but they are having a lot of issues at the moment and couldnt recommend them as things are at the moment.
    Yeah, DigitALB was fantastic last year, but this year, things have taken a nosedive (apparently related to the president dying).

Will Sky Italia have English audio for Serie A though? I know they do for English Premier League, but unsure about native football.

Does ART or Al Jazeera show Serie A?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Thanks for all the replies lads. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement