Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diabetes and fasting

• 07-10-2008 7:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi people just trying to get some info about fasting before my hospital check up tomorrow.Can somebody explain how to fast as thats what the doc said to me to do before i go in for the appointment????any help thanks

Comments

Does he know you're a diabetic? what time is appointment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Does he know you're a diabetic? what time is appointment?
    Ye its in the diabetes clinic and its at 9.30

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just don't eat anything from midnight until after they have taken the bloods. It should be an early morning appointment that you have though so shouldn't be a big issue.

Also have a look at the long term illness forum.

Edit: Was posting from the phone before so couldn't add the link, but here you go: Long Term Ilness

Any idea do i take my levimere as normal tonight?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yes, unless told otherwise take your long acting as per normal, just skip the morning quick acting until you've eaten. Do check your levels before making your way out to the hospital in the morning though and if your low then eat something and make another appointment for another day.

• Advertisement

Cheers thanks mate;)

Advertisement