Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears 2 preview

• 07-10-2008 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Epic seeem hell bent on showing you everything thats in the game before you get it.
    Ign have played and finished it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyO4jdu4qDY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

They're pretty much milking it to the teeth, quite sick of EPIC and all their hype tbh. That Blezinski guy, the main man behind Gears seems like a tit.

They've even released the manual apparently :(

http://www.gowfans.com/news.php?readmore=18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Anybody that threatens to kick Eurogamer in the bollocks if they give GoW2 a bad score is alright in my book:p
    To me, Cliffy B is one of the more interesting public gaming figures (in a different league to Jade Raymond of course...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Cliffy B....I heard him in an interview on that Inside Xbox thing, saying he doesnt want to be referred as Cliffy B anymore, he wants something harder...

armour87 is dead right, he seems like a bit of a tit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm looking forward to it. New vid looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

yeah silvine, just watched it there and it's looking pretty damn sweet..

also, from looking over the leaked manual, i like the sound of the new multiplayer modes, especially horde :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Whos cares if hes a tit. Once he continues making deadly games I dont care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Hi guys, just a quick note from exiledgamers.com as the site is giving away some games in competitions and Gears of War 2 is one of them. You have to sign up to the forums to be eligible for entry in the competitions. Probably a minimum post count too once the rules are written :) You can sign up here:
    http://www.exiledgamers.com/register.php

Admin announcement on site:
    The first 3 of 6 COMPETITIONS kicks of on Monday, October 13th. For the PRIZES there is a mix and match of Fable 2 (x3) and Gears of War 2 (x3) games on the Xbox360 console to be won. Rules and regulations published during the week.

WIN WIN WIN

Don't miss this opportunity to get your hands on one of these games when they are released, it's going to be HOT!!

Please Note: You have to be a member of ExiledGamers to enter these competitions but don't worry if not you can always join by clicking HERE.

Also some copies of Fable 2 to give away. These are 360 titles (hence the post in the 360 section :D)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

brim4brim wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a quick note from exiledgamers.com as the site is giving away some games in competitions and Gears of War 2 is one of them. You have to sign up to the forums to be eligible for entry in the competitions. Probably a minimum post count too once the rules are written :) You can sign up here:
    http://www.exiledgamers.com/register.php

Admin announcement on site:

Also some copies of Fable 2 to give away. These are 360 titles (hence the post in the 360 section :D)

Sounds good, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on this to see if it lives up to the hype of the first one!! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't get all the hate for Cliffy B. Seems very down to earth and enjoying himself. At least he isn't spouting pretentious crap and knows his game is low brow violence. Can't wait for this, this GoW was over hyped but I'm sure GoW 2 is a massive improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Getting to play this next week, looking forward to it as it looks like Gears 1 X 10

Was never mad about the multiplayer on Gears though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement