Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL down in D12

Options
  • 07-10-2008 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Anyone else having probs this morning? It's been down about half an hour now for me.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

same here. Seems to be dns related as usual. Ive a torrent that's still running but websites won't load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

aye. I've got an IP address and I get DNS servers when I restart the modem/router but no pages or email. I can use FTP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Its back now. Yeah it was teh DNS again. I was able to get to sites that I new the IP for and Xfire and Ventrilo were working fine too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Would using a free dns service like Opendns get around this problem in future?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yes I would think so. I am going to take note of the OpenDNS details anyway, so that nexttime it happens I can switch over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement