Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track Palin sent to Iraq to avoid prison?

Options
  • 07-10-2008 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

It would have far more factual validity for Obama, or a surrogate, to publicize the fact that Track, the kid who joined the Army, did so because a judge told him it was that or jail due to his dealing drugs.
    lots of rumours about her brave son...
    I have a strong hunch, however, the Obama people would never get into that.

i wish the dems would if palin keeps bringing it up and saying obama's comment on war disqualify him and the ayers thing, that this is fair game.

http://blogs.thetimes.co.za/minor/2008/10/06/track-palin-sent-to-iraq-to-avoid-prison/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I hope the Obama campaign don't take such a cheap shot. As far as I can see, Palin's cheap shot at him [Obama] has had an adverse affect as people saw it for what it was. Obama's campaign making a cheap shot about Palin's son would be equally transparent and counterproductive I think. Track Palin is in no position to defend himself and an attack on a candidate's family as opposed to the candidate themselves would probably turn a lot of voters off. It'd be a very ugly attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I'm sure someone in the press will do something on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I am not sure how it would matter. It was a good call by the judge and Palin is agreeing with the judge.

The only reason the other kids pregnancy is up for debate is due to Palins strong stance on family planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

I can't see why it's a big deal, people have been offered combat as a substitute for jail for centuries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Heard a rumour about this a few weeks ago alright although I heard that he was told to get out of town after himself and a couple of pals were caught cutting the brakes on school buses. He took his final year in high school in Michigan or somewhere else far from Alaska for this reason and then had to join the army to avoid jail.
    Not sources for any of this though so I ignored it at the time.
    All irrelevant anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

now palin speaks and her sons send off to IRAQ and says go get em guys that attack america.

wtf?

why can't embed this, http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=PKJktUx34Pw something to do with ie.youtube.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

why can't embed this

You do ..

[ y o u t u b e] PKJktUx34Pw [ / y o u t u b e ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

the South African blog just mentions one journalist that says its true, are there any other sources for this info ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fairly irrelevant on any count unless he was running for something.
    Children disappoint their parents all the time. Look at GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Here is a link to A story which does not name names...but is seems a lot of (left wing) people think involves a Palin:

http://frontiersman.com/articles/2005/12/06/news/news2.txt

Do a google for "Track Palin school bus"..loads of links to completely unreliable sources :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

Lemming wrote: »
    I hope the Obama campaign don't take such a cheap shot. As far as I can see, Palin's cheap shot at him [Obama] has had an adverse affect as people saw it for what it was. Obama's campaign making a cheap shot about Palin's son would be equally transparent and counterproductive I think. Track Palin is in no position to defend himself and an attack on a candidate's family as opposed to the candidate themselves would probably turn a lot of voters off. It'd be a very ugly attack.

I would also doubt that Obama would take a cheap shot at this. He said time and again when the news broke of Palin's daughter that he would not comment and that the children of the candidates should be left out of the equation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

funny though, Palin originally ran on family values.

Her teenage daughter is pregnant out of wedliock,

Her teenage son was a drug dealer and could have gone to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Crikey it makes one wonder what Palin herself has got in the closet? The apple does not fall far from the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

there's actually been speculation, mostly in left wing circles of course, so one can take it with a pinch of salt, that this kid Track was actually conceived outta wedlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Who cares about that now that he's a patriot! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

The children of candidates on either side are off limits. It's a no go area. Anyone who goes down this route will find it backfires.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I can't see why it's a big deal, people have been offered combat as a substitute for jail for centuries

Military or Jail hasn't been allowed as a sentence in many, many years.

A Judge in California tried to sentence someone as such in 2004, then was told the Army wouldn't take him. The Army changed its regs in the 1970s.

See AR 601-210
    Waiver is not authorized if a criminal or juvenile court charge is pending or if such a charge was dismissed or dropped at any stage of the court proceedings on condition that the offender enlists in a military service.

An attempt to join the Army to avoid charges being filed in the first place similarly won't work, the military and civilian authorities tend to work together now: It'll catch up with you. In either case, the article about the bus vandalisation indicates that charges were indeed filed.

The closest I've heard of was the case of a recruit a year or two ago who had already signed on to be Marine and drank a bit too much on his last night of freedom. Public Disorder charges dropped when the Recruiter came to court and had the recruit drop for pushups, then hauled him out to the 'plane to San Diego for a few months' of fun and games.

Given that there's no evidence to back up the Track story (According to Snopes), I'm going to file this one under "Gov Palin's last kid is really her grand-kid"

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wait wait wait wait wait wait......

I've been looking into Armed Forces recruiting requirements as of late and one of the first things they tell you that a history of drugs (especially dealing and generally more than 25 instances of drug abuse in a lifetime) is a major disqualification. Second, that enlistment is not a form of punishment, and an alternative to jail.

I declare Bollocks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I've been looking into Armed Forces recruiting requirements as of late

If you want to join up, let me know. I could do with the referral bonus!

NTM

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Closed. Silly rumour threads make baby jebubs cry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement