Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City bikes for rent

Options
  • 07-10-2008 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

So first, if this is in the wrong place please move....

Reading loads of these complaints about the new bikes for rent from Dublin City Council.

But nothing seems to indicate when the bikes are becoming available, how much they'll be etc ?

Anybody have any idea ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Part of the reason there's so many complaints is that the 'bikes' part of that deal is poorly organised, behind schedule, and of questionable usefulness and viability :)
    The threads complaining about the signs have some good detail i think, if not here then over on archiseek.com (discussion forums, Ireland, Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dick Darlington

Yeah I see all the complaints about the ads etc, but does anybody actually know anything about the bikes ?

When they'll be available, how much they'll be ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

When they'll be available, how much they'll be ?

Last report I read in the paper was that it'll be 2009 before the bikes are in. They're supposed to be free, but from what I gather, you'll have to swipe your credit card as a deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

Hi all,

In barcelona there is a company called bicing that manages all this stuff.
    you can check it at www.bicing.com, though it is just in spanish and catalan.

basically, there are bike parking spots all over the city. These bikes are engaged by some kind of hooks to the parking. If you want to take a bike, you swipe your bicing card and can ride the bike for 30 min.

This costs about 24 euro a year.

From every minute you ride the bike over the 30 min, it has a very small fee like 0,30 € for the next 30min.

Hope it helps you to figure out the use of them.

Good luck, and greetings from spain

Advertisement