Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dust off your red baseball caps cause........

• 07-10-2008 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭

.......Durst could be makin a comeback -

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/limp_bizkit_to_reform.html
    Limp Bizkit To Reform

Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst has fuelled rumours that the band are about to reform by writing a cryptic message on the band's MySpace page.

After enjoying hits such as UK Number One single "Rollin'" and "Take A Look Around" at the turn of the decade, Limp Bizkit split up in 2006.

Since then, rumours that the band were planning a comeback have been widespread.

In a posting on MySpace.com, Durst seemingly confirmed that the band were on the verge of reuniting.

"Hello my dear family members. Yes, it has been a while. But a while worth the wait," he wrote. "It is getting very close to time to drop the Bizkit on the universe. I say this with the absolute best intentions and motivation.

"We, Limp Bizkit, are excited about the future for us and for you. LBF is the way. LBF is for life. Let's stir some **** up my friends."

Former guitarist Wes Borland is unlikely to join the band if they do reform. As previously reported on Nme.com, Borland joined Marilyn Manson's band in August 2008.

Thanks for the info to Nme.com.

I must shamefully admit that I was a Limp Bizkit fan back in the day and still give the very, very odd listen to 'My Generation', 'Break Stuff' and 'Take A Look Around'. :o

Comments

First album was nice and raw in the nu metal sense, second album was class, don't care what anyone says, third was the beginning of the rot and after that everything I heard was brutal.

I will also shamefully admit I had a ticket for the gig they cancelled, and I used to liek them (on account of the fact that KoRn thought highly of them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

the only good limp bizkit song is an instrumental limp bizkit song.

band are great, frontman is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

3 Dollar Bill is their only good album, there's only a few scattered tunes after.

3 Dollar Bill is their only good album, there's only a few scattered tunes after.

Counterfeit is still class.... 3DBY is actually a very good album.

Which instrumental song 120 minuts? I cant think of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

I was listening to Significant Other & Chocolate Starfish only a few days ago. As laughable as Fred Durst was the band weren't bad and had their moments. But if Wes Borland isn't coming bad it wont be good. He was their strongest point.

• Advertisement

Decent rhythm section too. I though 3DBY and Significant Other were both good solid nu metal albums.

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

First album was nice and raw in the nu metal sense, second album was class, don't care what anyone says, third was the beginning of the rot and after that everything I heard was brutal.
    Would definitely agree with you about the first 2 albums. Think I heard maybe 2 songs on the 3rd album that I liked.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Wish he and the rest of Limp Bizkit would "keep rollin rollin rollin..." over the edge of a cliff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They were one of those bands. You catch the first album. "That's interesting. Wonder what they will do next." Nothing too exciting about album 1, but it might, just might, be promising.
    See also Papa Roach and Linkin Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

That is awesome. I wanted to see them years ago but I wasn't allowed in because of the sniper rifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

What sniper rifle ? O_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

That is awesome. I wanted to see them years ago but I wasn't allowed in because of the sniper rifle.

Well why were you trying to get into a gig with a sniper rifle??? They are difficult to conceal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Suffering sweet sh*t on a stick, please, Jesus Christ no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Suffering sweet sh*t on a stick, please, Jesus Christ no!

plus one
    these guys are worse than Metallica - runs for cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

As above, great band, horrible singer.

Gotta say, I thought the last album, the Unquestionable Truth, had a few good tunes on it, it wasn't bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Have to say i love limp bizkit, Wes Boreland is one of the most underapreciated guitarists out there. More interested to see new Black Light Burns stuff though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Good Gorgonzola!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Patricide wrote: »
    More interested to see new Black Light Burns stuff though.

thats been out for a while, unless you're referring to a second album.

Borland was always the best thing about that band. have it on good authority that he can be a prick too though.

O no, i have the covers album and i have the first album and there both great, EAGERLY awaiting a 2nd album though!!!

As for him being a prick, unfortunatly a lot o guys are, E.G. Dave mustaine, lars ulrich etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Patricide wrote: »
    O no, i have the covers album and i have the first album and there both great, EAGERLY awaiting a 2nd album though!!!

As for him being a prick, unfortunatly a lot o guys are, E.G. Dave mustaine, lars ulrich etc.

To be fair, and at the risk of sounding like a Megadeth fanboy, but Mustaine has made amends with a lot of the guys he has had beef with in the past.

• Advertisement

True, then again i AM a Megadeth fanboy so im biased!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I will also shamefully admit I had a ticket for the gig they cancelled, and I used to liek them

so did i, should be interesting to say the least! but i have to agree without borland they wont be anywer near as good! (if "good" is the right word :p)

Advertisement