Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringtone or Mute depending on caller?

• 07-10-2008 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Nokia 6288 and it doesn't have this feature
    Do you have a phone that lets you have different ringtones for different numbers BUT allows you to mute for certain numbers.
    i.e. I want to have a profile that lets me move to mute but will let a very few numbers ring (ICE)

Thanks
    Redman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you get a phone that can set the ring tone based on the caller, you could record a few seconds of silence and set that as the ring tone for everyone except your ICE numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Now thats a great suggestion. Thanks
    But I'd need a phone that would allow me to change to a profile where that change of ringtone occurs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Most Nokia Symbian phones (and indeed many other phones) allow you to set a custom ringtone per contact. Then you just set none or a custom silent one in the main profile.

Advertisement