Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else starting their Civ.Def training tomorrow?

Options
  • 07-10-2008 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

Just wondering if there is anyone else on here starting their training with Civil defence tomorrow night, or if there are civ.def members on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

There's an emergency services forum which might have some people from CD there.

What's the story with that anyways? what does the training entail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

Igy wrote: »
    There's an emergency services forum which might have some people from CD there.

What's the story with that anyways? what does the training entail?

there are diff. sectors to it, I signed up for search and rescue as I hear the training is pretty good, though, essentially, I only joined to try make friends/meet people up here

there is also Auxillery Fire Service but I hear that's a toughy to get into

basically, you go to training one night a week and the occasional weekend away training exercises, and the odd time, if required, you get to put the training to good use.

they are very active in Wexford, and whenever a person goes missing they are called out to do searches

Advertisement