Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology Degree with Open University

Options
  • 07-10-2008 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi guys

Just wondering has anyone done or in the process of doing a Degree with Open University and what they think of it. I am seriously thinking of doing a Psychology degree part-time as I work full time.
    I know there will be a lot of work involved but I done a Diploma a few years ago while working full time and found that enjoyable.

I am aware Psychology is very complex but have always been interested in this field and decided to take the plunge.

Any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cajueira

Hi Trixy,

I studied the Exploring Psychology module with the OU last year. The course materials are very comprehensive and contain everything you need to complete assignments, and you also have access to an extensive online library if you have the time and the inclination to do further reading.

You need to be quite disciplined to stay on schedule and get all your reading and assignments completed on time, but it is manageable. There are a number of onsite tutorials, which are not compulsory and probably vary in usefulness depending on your tutor. My tutor was excellent.

A friend of mine completed her degree with the OU and has since attained a Masters in Educational Psychology and is working towards a PhD. If it's what you want to do, go for it. Bear in mind that it is expensive if you are not based in the UK, but you can work and study at the same time, which is a compensatory factor, and you will have a qualification from a highly regarded institution at the end.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭trixy

Thanks a mill!!

Thats very promising, I never heard anything bad about OU which is great news. I know the discipline is the thing most people get stuck on but paying that amount of money am sure I will put time in.
    Am not in UK but Dublin, I presume I can claim tax back on fees.

No pain no gain !!

Advertisement