Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxes !

• 07-10-2008 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Yo peeps

I dont really care about the taxes... But some of the people left guild because they didnt seem to be getting anything from the guild by paying Taxes.

So the question is what are we going to get from paying 11% tax ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

It cost 240 gold to run a keep everyday. Need to start saving now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can i ask what we get for running a keep?
    XP and renown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Dcully wrote: »
    Can i ask what we get for running a keep?
    XP and renown?

It depends on what tactics you have applied to the banner you plant on the keep. Once you have the keep and the banner it seems that everyone within range from your relam will get the bonuses.

The benifits for the guild are more guild xp.

A brief outline - http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=206

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Mantel wrote: »
    It depends on what tactics you have applied to the banner you plant on the keep. Once you have the keep and the banner it seems that everyone within range from your relam will get the bonuses.

The benifits for the guild are more guild xp.

A brief outline - http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=206

Can someone copy and paste whats in that linky ;) Im in work and its blocked

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Here ya go

In WAR, guilds play an integral part in claiming keeps for their side. Not only can you fight together with your banner held high, but those banners can be used to benefit everyone in the area in keep defense once you’ve claimed the keep as your own. Not only that, but your guild will gain certain benefits and advantages just for owning a keep. Imagine your colors flying high for the masses to see. Stir passion in your allies and instill fear into the hearts of your enemies as they come to recognize your colors!

To claim a Keep, a Standard Bearer must plant their guild’s standard into a specific slot on the roof of the Keep. Upon doing so, the guild banner tactics will be applied to the specified area in RvR. For Example: “This Guild Rocks” has 2 tactics applied to their Bronze Banner: +5% coin & +5% loot drops. When they claim a Keep with that Banner, everyone from their Realm within the specified range of the banner will get 5% more coin and loot drops. Once a Standard Bearer plants his Standard to claim a Keep, that Standard Bearer gives up his rights to carry a Standard again until the guild loses control of the keep.

The benefits your guild will enjoy while having a keep under their control include:

* Guilds will earn experience over time while holding the Keep

* Guilds will be notified via chat window warnings if their claimed Keep is under assault.

* If a Guild Disbands, then ownership of the Keep is abandoned and all guards and banners will be switched to non-guild specific.

* If a Keep that is claimed by a guild is captured, then the Standard associated with the Keep is considered captured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Good points !

But...whats to stop guys coming in then later on (after say we own a few keeps and have some good standards etc.) and taking full advantage when they have actually not contributed much to the whole guild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Once you get past like lvl 5, money isnt an issue unless you have some Imelda Marcos style obsession. 10% isnt like the end of the world (or 11%).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We're currently paying 15% taxes within the Bakery, and once I hit 20, I had the needed 15g for a mount, and the 4g for a surname with some left over. Just a few days later I've 10g again cash. Gold isn't scarce, except when it comes to keep claiming. That keep we claimed last Friday night could only be kept till 4am Saturday morning. Don't be afraid to pay the taxes, it won't cripple you, and it goes to a much needed usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Also note you only HAVE to pay 11%

have you asked people what they are tithing?

i have my tithe set to 20% so im actually paying 31% and i still have enough money for anything i want.

one of the higher level lads has over 100g and was going to set his tithe to 80%

people complain too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

If there's one thing I'm good at, it's playing the auction house. Give me 100g and it'll turn it into a massive profit in a couple of days :)
    I might just play the AH anyway for a bit as I'm losing interest in the game already due to queues and whatnot, when I do finally get in to play I've already lost interest :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement