Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartest way to transport 19' on trailer from Swansea

Options
  • 07-10-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anybody got any recommendations for a transport company that will move a boat from Swansea to Pembroke so that I can get it across on the ferry to Rosslaire as cargo without the hassle of bringing my car over and back pointlessly?

Also, do ferries take boats as cargo/load them on themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

zenith,

Is the boat on a trailer already?
    If so, then I think it would be cheaper and less hassle to go over and get it yourself with your own car. The ferries only charge about €60 single extra for a trailer (based on trailer length).
    I brought back a 17' earlier in the year (20' including trailer and engine length). Cost me €60 extra on the car return price.
    You could sail on the Friday night and be back on the Saturday evening for less than a tank of fuel and the ferry cost. You also get to check out the boat and secure it yourself.

I wouldn't call that cost saving 'pointless'.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

That's the kinda conclusion we came to, but we thought that there might be some way to get the trailer onto the ferry as cargo - vendor drops it in Pembroke, we pick it up in Rosslaire.

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

I'd recommend contacting the ferry companies freight departments for details. I've seen and heard of this being done a few times.

Or I'll be over in a few weeks with the car...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

ask on here

The UK's biggest boating forum.

Advertisement