Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to cancel pay monthly account

• 07-10-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I'm with o2 for the past five years or so, paying monthly. I now want to move to another network on pay as you go basis.

I think I may need to give o2 30 days notice of termination. Are there any issues I need to be aware of such as retaining my phone number or anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No issues, if you did't get an upgrade in the last 12mts you should be free to move networks without any early termination free..

Call 02 on 1909 and see what they say, if there's any issues then report back and someone here might be able to help you....

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Yeah find out if your out of contract, if you are then just go into a shop and buy a new pre pay sim for the network you want to be on. and ask them to port you (them being the people in the shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

I tried 1909 but after holding on for 10 mins I gave up.

Instead I dropped into local o2 shop. They checked it out and told me I was in contract until 17th November. They said that I would need to give 30 days notice but then said that I could transfer elsewhere at any time provided I paid the basic monthly charge up to 17 November.

They said that if I wanted to keep my number I should not give the 30 days notice as this would have the effect of terminating my number also!

I came away more confused than when I went in but I concluded that I should just transfer to another network first and then giveO2 the 30 days notice to stop them billing me. Not very clear!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you don't have to give 30 days notice but they'll charge you as if you did. the best way would be to give 30 days notice, then on the 28th or 29th day, go into a shop and port your number. make sure to bring your phone with you or you can't port it.

you can port right now but you'll be paying for a month that you didn't use

Advertisement