Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to plant Daff bulbs???

Options
  • 07-10-2008 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hey folks,,
    Just wondering am I too late to plant daff bulbs??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Well they are still for sale in most of the garden centres so I'm sure you would still be ok. .

I'm planning to plant mine at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

I think the main thing is to get them in before the first frosts, and that may depend on where you live. Make sure they are planted deep enough so the frost cant get to them. A cover of bark mulch may help with this. You may have a few weeks grace to get them in, but the quicker the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Now is the perfect time for sowing Daffodils because the soil is still warm from the summer however you can still plant daff until as late as November. Just on Tulips the later the better - even as late as December.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The most important thing about planting bulbs is to read the instructions about depth. If you plant them too shallowly they'll come up but won't flower ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

A great tip for planting bulbs is to sprinkle the base of the planting hole with coarse grit, guaranteed great results whatever the weather!!:D

BTW, it's never too late to plant a bulb, nature always has a way of rebalancing, so it might mean a longer wait for a truer performance, but it will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭sanvean

I left mine in the pot from last year, never planted them outside and they're just coming out of the soil now. Is this too early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pistolakilla

:D:D
    Dubrub wrote: »
    Hey folks,,
    Just wondering am I too late to plant daff bulbs??
    Dude seriously you aint 50 and you aint married y u sweatin bout some bulbs ,,,,,,,,,,,,:eek::eek::eek::cool:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

:D:D
    Dude seriously you aint 50 and you aint married y u sweatin bout some bulbs ,,,,,,,,,,,,:eek::eek::eek::cool:
    Dude, keep it relevent or keep out of this thread.

Advertisement