Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Budget 2009

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 moleyC

Bee wrote: »
    Vote the Green slime out of government who are promoting these eco-nut taxes

They really are doing no good and have made little progress since they got in. The only way I would be somewhat happy(not a good word) agree to pay any "eco-tax" is if I was assured 100% of it was going into something like developing our renewable source of energy for electricity ect.. so we could get something back like lower bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

G Luxel wrote: »
    I have to use FOUR carparks every day because of my work so that means that I have to pay 800 euros a year??????? and the fact that on top of that I have to drive 40 miles to work before I even get to my space, if im lucky.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this one. The only way it's been put to me that I find reasonable is that the company/person PROVIDING a space is to be charged per space, not per user.

ninty9er wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of confusion on this one. The only way it's been put to me that I find reasonable is that the company/person PROVIDING a space is to be charged per space, not per user.

Whichever way its done its bad for the economy. If it hits businesses then we do less business = bad for the economy especially during a recession
    Charge the users and then consumers have less money to spend = less economic activity, bad for the economy.

The budget did nothing to help us out of a recession in fact it worsens it.
    And us motorists as usual get screwed with tax and petrol price increases.

We were the first to go into recession watch as we are the last to come out of one :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

We were the first to go into recession watch as we are the last to come out of one :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    It was news to me, but apparently Germany was in recession in the last quarter, and had a deep recession in the late 90s too. As economic cycles go, we did well to avoid one this long.

There's nothing stopping businesses from from doing nearby business without a car.

Whatever way you look at it; €200 a space isn't a whole lot compared to the commercial cost of parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Quint wrote: »
    This new parking tax is so badly thought out it's funny! I work in a dublin 2 office, there's space for about 15 cars outside, but they're on a first come first served basis. Who has to pay there? How often do you have to use it to get charged? Sounds like they want to say "look, we work in the dail and we have to pay this, look at us paying all this extra money" so they can look better. It'll probably be put on their expense accounts anyway.

I might be wrong on this but I think there is a big can of worms to be opened here for offices built in Dublin city centre in the last 10 years. I am open to correction on this but I understand when the planning is granted for such buildings then there is a limit on the number of car parking spots for same. I know of at least two premises in central Dublin where this 'limit' is being ignored by the tenents.

Now if the government cant close of this possible abuse how do they intend to implement a levy on those who have parking spots in such buildings???

• Advertisement

anyone annoyed about the budget check this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055404191

It has been discovered that the Government has created conditions that will allow up to 6.5 BILLION be given to a builders bail out.

Check out the thread if you want to make a complaint about it.
    It includes instructions and a template for a legal complaint.

This would have more than paid for the medical cards. And for us motorists who had tax increased to pay for this on top of the levy and the stupid car parking thing.

Get and do something about it. Its OUR money :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

moleyC wrote: »
    They really are doing no good and have made little progress since they got in. The only way I would be somewhat happy(not a good word) agree to pay any "eco-tax" is if I was assured 100% of it was going into something like developing our renewable source of energy for electricity ect.. so we could get something back like lower bills.

Do you know the rancid green eco-mentalists are taking your money and paying vast subsidies for wind turbines!

The insane thing about re-newables is their awful efficincy.

Do you know that turbines have to be continously backed up by regular fossil fueled power stations because they are only at best 20% efficient due to the fact that the wind blows intermittantly. Ordinary power stations have to be kept working to balance electricity demands because there is no steady continious supply from turbines.Worse the more turbines, the more regular power stations are that are needed.

Renewables are far more expensive than any regular supply of power. If you want clean power it has to be Nuclear because its C02 levels are extremely low.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Bee wrote: »
    Do you know that turbines have to be continously backed up by regular fossil fueled power stations

+1
    ....and because of this fact, sources like solar and wind actually have a higher carbon footprint than fossil when the build cost and management of resources is considered.

It's a big swizz.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ironically also but the current design of turbine farms tend to include solid maintenance roadways. As most windfarms are on mountains which tend to be blanket bog, the roadways can prevent draiage leading to soil erosion as seen on the news many times in recentl years. Several fish kills occured due to the peat polluting the nearby rivers.
    Green me arse!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

oh ffs, there were solid roadways up nearly every hill in Ireland for Coillte or aerials long before anyone ever heard of wind farms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

copacetic wrote: »
    oh ffs, there were solid roadways up nearly every hill in Ireland for Coillte long before anyone ever heard of wind farms.

Doesn't justify building more....

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

MYOB wrote: »
    Doesn't justify building more....

who is building more?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

copacetic wrote: »
    oh ffs, there were solid roadways up nearly every hill in Ireland for Coillte or aerials long before anyone ever heard of wind farms.
    Don't shoot the messenger!

Advertisement