Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REQUEST: Set of Golf Clubs

• 07-10-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

I'd like to get my Dad a present of a set of golf clubs.

He's not a big golfer, but he has recently retired and keeps mentioning how he wants to take up golfing now that he has the time for it. So I'd love to surprise him with a full set and caddy.

Now, first off I know nothing about golf or where's the best place to buy so can any of you golfing enthusiasts and experts out there help out?

I suppose I'd only be looking for a basic set, nothing fancy. Oh and just to make things awkward - he's a citeog - left handed! Are left handed golf clubs hard to come by these days?

Any good deals online or would delivery costs be a killer?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Drop into any one of the McGuirks stores and have a chat with them. While online options are cheaper you need something your Dad can go back to with any issues. They have left hand sets or can order them in for y ou. It might be an idea however to get him a voucher for the clubs and caddy so that the store can work out what is best for him (more important for the older players).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

another + for mc guirks here. they are having a sale at the moment. they are in howth, blanchardstown and leopardstown racecourse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I think you're right, prob best to send him into some golf place first and see what they reccommend and talk him through the various types of clubs etc.. then see what he likes!

Advertisement