Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fitness programme

Options
  • 07-10-2008 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I've been going to the gym irregularly for about the past 5 months and last night finally got around to meeting with an instructor to work out a programme. I told her my main priority at the mo' was to lose weight and secondly to get fit. Up to now my regime has been 20 mins cross trainer, weights: 15 mins, mixing it up between leg weights,arms, and back on alternate days, few sit ups then treadmill(running) for approx 20 mins also. I've been trying to increase my speed on the crosstrainer and treadmill and have machine on the highest level i can get away with without killing myself! The training programme i got last night seems much less intense than what ive been doing, 2 15 min sets on cross trainer, bike, treadmill or summit trainer(i have to pick a different 2 machines each time) so thats 30 mins cardio on very low level, then 30 mins weights, basically going thro all machines...
    What do ppl think of this? The instructor said the key to losing weight is "slow and low". I feel i am not pushing myself greatly with this but i'm not an expert!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Use her plan as a starting point, and modify it to suit yourself. For instance, you could do the two machines at a time, but increase the intensity so that you are pushing hard.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Get into a regular routine e.g. gym 4 days a week for 45 mins. Outside of that try to increase your general activity levels e.g. walk for 30 mins per day on top of the gym stuff.

Take a weekly weigh in at home. If you don't have a scales get one. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning on a set day of each week.

Read the stickies for dietary advice as this is of primary important for weight loss. Remember you cannot fuel a Ferrari with mud if you want good to peak performance.

If you do all of the above and have seen no progress in a month come back for further ideas.

Advertisement