Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Female dobie may have cancer.

Options
  • 07-10-2008 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I noticed a swelling on the inside knee of her rear right leg a few weeks ago but did not take much notice of it but as it was not going away brought her to the vets last week and she was x-rayed today.

It many not be cancer of course as the vet was not sure so she is sending the x-rays off to the vets college to have an expert opinion on them. I should know by the end of the week.

The strange thing is she is not limping or anything and can run at full blast no problem - but the vet said this can happen even though a cancer may be present. :(

Worst case scenario is that the leg may have to be amputated and as horrific as this may sound it would be a relief to me really once I knew she was then cancer free. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

At least it sounds like you caught it at an early stage - things could have been much worse if you hadn't taken her in to the vet now. Its a good lesson for pet owners who wait for their animal to show signs of distress before going into the vet.

Fingers crossed it'll work out. But if it does come to the worst - I've seen lots of 3-legged dogs running around and they seem quite happy and active.

Let us know the news at the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Fingers crossed its not cancer.

I remember seeing pics of your dogs ages ago.

I hope it is good news for you

Advertisement