Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four staff laid off at Kilkenny Voice this morning

Options
  • 07-10-2008 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I knew the omens were bad for the Voice last week when the bosses' house was being sold at a loss. Obviously getting out of KK. Now this morning, four were laid off in the Kilkenny Voice. And Galway staff are waiting by the phone.
    Its' all ending in tears isn't it. Some good people have lost their jobs there already.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I knew the omens were bad for the Voice last week when the bosses' house was being sold at a loss. Obviously getting out of KK. Now this morning, four were laid off in the Kilkenny Voice. And Galway staff are waiting by the phone.
    Its' all ending in tears isn't it. Some good people have lost their jobs there already.:eek:
    While we're on a ressesion themed thread, I might be getting a 3 day week:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

awful shame, kilkenny people needs competition

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

It's actually quite sad because the quality of the Voice has improved tenfold since it became free.

And the quality of the People has gone down the Swanney in the same time.

Come on Advertiser, don't let us down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 facetheball

Actually its seven that have been let go at the Voice now. One of the lads I play soccer with is heading to London to get a sports job. Said it was a complete joke there. And that they all expect to be gone by November. Reckon it lost about 4 million in Kilkenny alone and more around the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yeah I heard a good while ago ago about the voice going under from a girl I know, Once it went free she said it was only being given a few months and if it didn't make money they'd close it down,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

It's sad to see anyone lose their job I guess they started off on the wrong foot, charging the same as the Kilkenny People for advertising, not agreeing proper credit details with the estate agents.

I though it was a well put together paper, just some wrong decisions. I hope it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

i thought jobs were gone in Galways for definite..
    turns out all i seen was manonthestreets thread on the main page
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394155 why Kilkenny and not Galway.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 LesRitaMitsouko

so what's the latest? is there voice at the end of the tunnel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

Galway Voice was shut down last Weds with immediate effect. All staff lost their jobs..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Not sure about editors, but the company I am with have received applications for freelance graphic designers from Kilkenny. I do a lot of 3DS Max/Photoshop work and my boss has been looking at the possibility of taking on people in a part time capacity. They also have recently left a Kilkenny newspaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Only one Keano

Sure who would be advertising in any papers with the economy the way it is. No income means no money to pay jobs so redunduncies are only envitable.:(

Advertisement